Issue with ROON Search and TIDAL Connection (ref#AK5WUA)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Something else

"Can't connect to ROON search" is the error message I keep getting. I can listen to music that's on my server but the ROON search doesn't connect and TIDAL doesn't open up either.

What is your Roon Server running on?

Have you done basic troubleshooting like rebooting everything from the network outward?

I haven’t rebooted the router but everything else has been rebooted. My guess is that it’s a software issue with ROON because I can connect to ROON and play music from a playlist on my attached hard drive but I can’t use the search function in ROON.

The search function uses a network connection hence my question about resetting the network.

What is your Roon Server running on?

Hi @George_Ros,

Ben with the support team here - are you still running into issues? I noticed your Roon Server is out of date, I would update to the latest Roon build and see if your issues persist.

If so, please take note of the date, time, and track playing when you experience the issue. We’ll be able to take a closer look and enable diagnostic mode for your Roon Server.

Hi Ben,
Thanks for reaching out. My first question is the “Roon Server” and the “Roon version” the same thing? If not, then I don’t know how to update the server. I control Roon via IPad, IPhone and PC running Windows and all those devices have the latest version of Roon that were downloaded in the past few days. Roon Core resides on my dedicated streamer and is hardwired from router to streamer to preamplifier.
The main issue I have now is that Tidal doesn’t open up in the Roon app so I can’t access any music that’s not on my hard drive. I did delete the Tidal app and reinstall. Tidal DOES open up and play properly if I open it on my phone app.
Roon had operated correctly for many months but earlier this month I returned from a trip and it’s been "buggy’ ever since.
There must be a fix somewhere.

Tks
George

Without going into the details, Roon Server is the same thing as Roon Core for the purposes here. It’s typically not running on a “streamer”, but let’s ignore the words for now. What device (brand/model) is your Roon Server/Core running on?

Innuos Zen MK3 is the streamer/server that I use and has operated ROON functions well for a few years. The device is considered a “roon ready” device.Not many issues overall. For some reason the error message I get everyday now is that the ROON search “can’t find Roon Server”

Not really

Your issue sounds like the one described here, which was caused by outdated operating services on devices used as Roon servers:

As Benjamin also noted above:

You may want to contact Innuos about this. There is also a manual fix, see the several posts about Innous devices here:

2 Likes
Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Sometimes I can connect, sometimes I can't

I uninstalled ROON because it wasn't connecting with Tidal. No I can't download because error message says I have to "quit all instances of Roon Server" and I can't figure out how to do that. Is there someone I can pay to fix all my issues that is proficient with ROON and connectivity issues?

What are/were you running Roon on?

Windows?

I see that you are running an Innuos Server.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/issue-with-roon-search-and-tidal-connection-ref-ak5wua/268599
Have you contacted Innuos about your issues? Innuos Server is not officially supported by Roon, but Innuos has their own way to install Roon Core on their hardware. The first step is probably to make sure that you are running the latest version of InnuosOS: https://innuos.com/kb/updating-innuos/

@George_Ros - Have you installed Roon on Windows or MacOS?

If so, then you probably have a Roon Server running in the background on your Windows PC or Mac. It is this that must first be stopped before you can reinstall Roon again. Have a look at this Help article on Roon Server to see where the “Quit” menu option is to be found.

Hi @George_Ros,

@Suedkiez has done an excellent job explaining the likely cause of your issue with your Innous device. It is good to note that you continue to experience performance issues using it as a core moving forward.

That said, we have a KB article highlighting the manual workaround to get your Innous device working properly if you haven’t had Innous perform an update to the device yet:

Hi Geoff,
Roon Core has been downloaded on Innuos Server in the past and I’ve used my PC, Ipad and Iphone to control the functions.

I found the system tray and it shows the ROON Server is toggled in the “off” position but I’m still unable to download ROON on my PC.

I’m going into the Innuos forum now to see if they might be able to analyze or provide guidance.

If you have any more ideas, I’d like to hear them.

Tks,

George

What do you mean by this? If the Roon Server is found in the System Tray, that means it is running and active - you need to choose the Quit menu option to stop it…

I was browsing my PC and I saw something that said system tray but it wasn’t “the system tray” which I found. I was able to quit ROON an reinstall ROON and it’s working. I will verify all functions of ROON when I return home next week and try my main system where the core resides on my Innuos streamer.
Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.