Issues Authorizing TIDAL

I am seeing exact same problem… in fact I can’t even connect to my account info from within Roon tonight… but internet is just fine…

actually I am not getting the missing method issue, I am just redirected to tidal website to login using my account, and it then calls roon. but does nothing… still has that TIDAL login dialogue up…

Hello @Todd_Phillips and welcome to the community!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Also, please let me know what version of Roon you’re running and what your default browser is. Roon should be opening the default browser to have you enter those TIDAL credentials, do you have another browser you can try?

Hi There…

I am running latest version of roon client and rock os. Has been working. I had issue where tidal would not play anything, so I disabled it then reenabled it but still no work. So I logged out of tidal in services.
Then tried to log back in and it opens browser asked for username password, then switches to roon but roon keeps the same

Screen up… and does nothing.

I’ve had this happen with both firefox and then tried chrome…

I am connected over Ethernet to switch to the rock, which has a DAC connected to it…

here is a video on what is going on…

here is another video

apon further investigation it appears thre is something wrong with the way roon communicates to the network. I get these orange popups in roon saying check network connection

even though network is fine…

I have uninstalled roon twice, once with settings kept and once not… same issue…

Could there be a service I have turned off your are using to encrypt traffic ?

Hello @Todd_Phillips, in the past, we’ve seen similar general connection issues like this linked to the user using a managed switch. Do you know if your switch is managed or unmanaged? If not, temporarily removing it might give us a better indication of where the issue stems from.

Yes I am using ubiquiti switches but have had them running for over two years with no issue until recent Roon update.

I have no way to remove it as it’s integral part of entire network.

ok this seems to be a bigger issue than I originally thought its not just Tidal.

So I tried to use my iphone to set up Tidal and it had the same issue.
Next, I tried to reboot the ROCK and when it came back it, it took a very long time for my PC to find it.
Once I did, Quboz came up with an invalid password, and it said it can’t reach my NAS FLAC files.

So something is really messed up in this new version.

Definitely a Roon software issue. I tried installing on another PC and am getting same issue.

Any way, I can download an older versions of Roon to get this back working. Right now, nothing works, not even accessing my NAS from my ROCK…

1 Like

ok I went in and disabled all VLAN on my unibiquiti as well as all advanced features as recommended. Turned on flow control. Still same issue.

So I disabled my ROCK and instead used my desktop as the core.

Was able to connect to my NAS and Qobuz, Tidal still having the same issue as before…

So it seems it has something to do with the ROCK, maybe the rock update that recently was installed?

Suggestion?

I have just started running into this exact same issue tonight. Suddenly, Tidal disappeared in the middle of playback. This needs to be resolved right away, please.

Same here, don’t´know what to do…

And Audirvana with Tidal works fine. Tidal also without Roon. Only Roon with Tidal sucks a bit.

There seems to be something going on with the ROCK communications. I run the client on my pc and it tries to connect to the ROCK to authorize tidal, connect to my NAS, etc. Curious what changed…

Can you guys provide use links to prior builds of ROCK to we could revert back to see if that fixes?

I found the issue.

I am running PiHole DNS. I changed the ROCK DNS server to 9.9.9.9 and I was able to login to Roon ROCK and TIDAL set up correctly. I do not know what config issue was causing this within PiHole, but found the resolution…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.