Issues with seeing endpoints after switching Cores

I’m having this problem after rehosting from one Mac mini to another— the old core shows the new cores output devices as its own therefore none of the original core’s devices are available to the system.

Hi @David_ONeill,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Did you use something like Apple’s Migration Assistant or a Time Machine backup for setting up the new Mac device?

I have a basic Google Wifi mesh network but I think you alluded to the problem in that I used a TimeMachine backup to setup the new Mini. Now the old Core claims ownership of the devices on the new Core and never presents old Core devices in Roon. I can copy files and communicate normally between these 2 Minis using Finder.
Summarizing, the old Core presents the new Core’s devices as its own. My only problem is my inability to use (or see) the devices connected to old Core which only presents new Core’s devices—otherwise, everything works.
I have erased all Roon files, and applications including Library directories on both machines to try for a fresh start but without success. I’m missing something in trying to clear the old core. Thank you for asking!

Hi @David_ONeill,

Please check your PMs here on the Community site. I have sent along next steps.

That worked perfectly— thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.