Just added WiiM Pro Streamers to the system

Just set up two WiiM Pro to replace a Pi and a Bluesound Node. They’re not Roon ready yet but it’s on the roadmap for next month. Currently I’m Airplay 2 as Chromecast for some reason is not gapless. One is going through an Ares ll DAC DCoax, the other is Schiit Modi by way of Toslink. Both sound amazing. Certainly I feel sq is beter than both the Bluesound and the Pi. At $149 these are a wonderful addition to a modest system.

7 Likes

Chromecast should be gapless via Roon they even just released an update for this in latest full release. You should report it if it’s not. That said if it’s Qobuz or Tidal Roon has an issue with gapless at moment in general that they are looking into.

3 Likes

Nice purchase, waiting for them to be available in the UK so I can buy one.

Have you tried some local gapless albums, as @CrystalGipsy said there was a fix in the last version of Roon for this.
Also make sure you have updated your Roon to the latest version

2 Likes

Wiim as said that Roon Ready certification is in the queue with Roon, and that its 6-8 weeks. No idea when that started. Anyone at Roon have an insight on this.

1 Like

Yes thanks I saw that, its moved a couple of times, that’s why I asked.

Solution home WiiM Pro WiiM Pro Getting Started

When will WiiM Pro be Roon Ready? Print

Modified on: Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 2:16 PM

WiiM Pro is currently being certified by Roon to be Roon Ready. Certification will be completed in March 2023 and we hope to release it within that month. Please stay tuned!

1 Like

Roon don’t comment on any device until it’s finally passed and ready. Just because it’s with Roon doesn’t mean it will pass many products have a lot back and forth process. Don’t trust or buy anything on comments until it finally gets certified or you risk being burned.

4 Likes

Yes, previously the Wiim Mini had Roon Ready via update on the roadmap, but Wiim have since removed that when they discovered the specs for the Wiim Mini are not powerful enough to ever support it being Roon Ready.

See this forum topic: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/wiim-mini-streamer/185643/31?page=2

So I’m not buying a pro beforehand, because apparently Wiim doesn’t care making a statement and not being able to back it up afterwards…

1 Like

2nd quarter now.

2 Likes

Certification will be completed by early Q2. Please stay tuned!

:egg: not counting that as a chicken quite yet, hopefully it will come to fruition as I’d love to put this with my vintage gear. Patience………

3 Likes

Have checked on the release notes occassionally. Quite impressed by the rate changes are released. Looking forward to Roon Ready release.

1 Like

Yes, it’s price appropriate for my basements vintage 70s amp, so I’m hoping they’ll get it soon. But as far as I know, Roon doesn’t comment on ongoing certification proceedings (which is reasonable IMO, since you can only comment once all requirements are met. And at that point the product can be certified…)

1 Like

I have just bought a WiiM pro and looking forward to it being Roon Ready. I am currently using it as a supplementary Roon endpoint using Chromecast via coax to my Devialet 220 Expert Pro. It sounds as good as the Roon RAAT direct to the Devialet albeit with downsampling to 24bit/96khz and I am presuming this is to do with the Chromecast limitations.

1 Like

Now available on Amazon for £149 :slight_smile:

Waiting for RR and I’ll get one.

2 Likes

Using one to send Chromecast via coax to my Schiit multibit Gungnir in place of usb out of my M1 MacBook Pro. macOS Ventura is being weird and not always able to recognize the USB dac, the Wiim Pro has been a great back up and Roon Ready will be a bonus when it’s here.

1 Like

I have one in my basket for the last couple of days, but I have not checked it out yet, because I am using my Matrix Audio Mini-I Pro 3 as a front end streamer and pre-amp.
So tempted regardless :roll_eyes:

One in my basket too but won’t check out until RR. Won’t do me any good otherwise :woozy_face:

Just checked their website and still says RR expected Q2 but I am not buying on a promise.

1 Like

Save the money and get a M11 Plus.

1 Like

That will be a summer purchase for my retirement travels :grin: :+1:

1 Like