Just announced: Brooklyn Bridge II ROON

Hi @Michal_Jurewicz1 , I have created a support ticket #656095 with your company which falls into the topic of this discussion. I have firmware 1.51 on my Brooklyn Bridge and I was shocked to learn it is fraudulent, and not supported by Mytek. I have issues with MQA and Roon. I hope you can rectify this situation and support your loyal customers before putting all your resources into launching new products.

Best

AC

ā€œinternal optimized USBā€ ā€¦ so this is effectively 2 separate devices shoved inside the same chassis. Unless you simply have to have a single box there is simply no upside to this ā€¦ and a lot of downside ā€¦ run away as fast as you can ā€¦

1 Like

Thanks, Angus, appreciate you are letting me know. We see this ticket and will handle it through support system. Generally I would encourage Mytek product owners to useour support system for all types of support including this and call us at our main number if something is urgent. I did monitor this forum in the last few days, but generally this is a place for Roon support, not Mytekā€™s and while we keep eye on this forum, all Mytek specific inquiries should be directed to Mytek channels.

Too many things in one boxā€¦ itā€™s like buying an iMac. Great idea, just hope you donā€™t have any problems.

The Brooklyn bridge that doesnā€™t have the core gets rather warm. I wonder how hot this will run with a small computer in it!

Hi Michal. I have responded via the Mytek support page. Thank you for your prompt response.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Brooklyn Bridge II + DSD 48k

Political problems at the company.

Indeed. See here.

Iā€™m going to rearrange this thread as it got off-topic from the Brooklyn Bridge II.

@Michal_Jurewicz1 I sent you the original question (about your after sales of accessories to now discontinued Manhattan II) plus the support ticket # regarding the error in Roon signal path.
Although I had an answer about the accessories question, I havenā€™t heard back about the support ticket.

Hi Eyal,

It seems I am having a very similar, if not the same, issue with my Bridge as you had. However, I have contacted Mytek USA and have spoken to Michal directly and he has told me because I have firmware 1.51 installed they will not honour the upgrade to a Brooklyn Bridge II. And that they canā€™t do much for me. (although they are looking into itā€¦)

Needless to say this is unacceptable. I spent a whole lot of my HARD earned money on the Brooklyn Bridge only to get shanked and left to dry.

I would have to say to all who are interested in Mytek to perhaps steer clear. This is unfortunate as I have owned many Mytek products in the past and was a fan of the brand.

Sadly :frowning:

AC

Why would you want to upgrade to the Brooklyn bridge II if you already have a Brooklyn bridge and a roon core?

:upside_down_face:

I donā€™t get it. Having the core IN the DAC is a non-starter for me. Same reason I never pulled the plug on the Merging device.

The Brooklyn Bridge was a great device, if working properly. Mine is not working properly and I have discussed the issue with Michal. Michal has stated publicly that his company wonā€™t support customers with issues rising from firmware 1.51. This (to me) is unacceptable. If you are happy with your Bridge then that is all that matters. However, if you have firmware 1.51 or anything from HEM and something should happen to the proper function of the unit, Mytek will not help you out. Itā€™s an expensive and frustrating way to end up with a paper weight.

Itā€™s unfortunate that Mytek is having political issues, but us loyal customers should not be dragged into this mess.

Needless to say I am extremely disappointed with the lack of customer support from Mytek in regards to these issues. If I had known what I know now I would have not purchased a Mytek product, and I will no longer support the company.

On a more positive note, I am grateful for these forums for allowing the sharing of experiences.

Disappointing to see this happen. I purchased a Brooklyn DAC+ three years ago (in the USA) and Iā€™ve been extremely happy with it, no issues. I will plan to keep using it indefintely, as long as it continues to operate properly.

I am disappointed to see where they are going with the product direction, e.g. they are no longer offering a stand-alone DAC, now everything is a combo DAC/streamer/server. I donā€™t want that. I already have a Nucleus+ and I have other Roon endpoint involved and I would rather keep things simple instead of deal with complicated multi-function devices.

Anyway, I will keep my Brooklyn DAC+ until it dies and then look elsewhere for a replacement I guess. Unless MyTek comes out with a stand-alone in the future.

2 Likes

I dunno. Integration makes sense to me, in that it allows Roon Ready functionality to control more of the reproduction chain. In fact, Iā€™d like to have a good Roon Ready integrated amp with internal DAC. I suppose something like the Dutch & Dutch 8C speakers are the closest thing today.

My support ticket is 10 weeks old and practically deserted. The reality is that the current BB is clearly a non-supported product. The HEM team, which was the OEM for the currrent/past BB was doing support for that product, and since the partenrship broke it looks like itā€™s zero priority for anyone, certainly no one is spending time or money fixing things wtih it. Looks like Mytek is focused on launching the new products lines which it will manufacture itself, but isnā€™t supporting any problems associated with the current/prior products. It is not a way to build a long-term trusted brand.

2 Likes

They always had the option without core/server/PC inside btwā€¦ so donā€™t let that hold you back !

Actually Iā€™m quite curious about the technical aspects of this new BBII. Up to now, Roon has said that no company is allowed to sell a product with Roon built in. Therefore, how is Roon integrated into this new device? What is the processing and memory spec etc? Is it ROCK? What size of library and functionality can it handle? What hard drive (s) can it take? Has a special agreement been reached with Roon?

You know, this sucks. Weā€™re slaves to software updates and corporate wrangling, which can suddenly render expensive gear worthless. This forum is riddled with examples, and excuses for Roon readiness being suddenly and abruptly revoked. It honestly seems that the only safe bet is a Raspberry pi with Ropieee. Anything else else is a time bomb gamble out of your control. This needs to change.

4 Likes