Long gaps between tracks since build 1169

OK, unfortunately I have to confirm that I now experience long gaps between tracks even without volume levelling and DSP. :frowning:

Just tried ist. Still gapless100% here, Germany
NUC ROCK

Good to know, @Axel_Lesch. I’m listening again to Revolver Super Deluxe. Far from gapless.

It’s still possible this whole issue is related to my set up in one way or the other, and not a Roon - Qobuz/Tidal thing. If so, I’d like to know how to find out. But the silence of @support is deafening. What’s going on?

1 Like

Support replied about this issue in another thread.

1 Like

Thanks @Placebophile. In my experience (just tried again) the issue is not restricted to Qobuz, Tidal is affected too. Hope @support picks that up.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Support Feedback

Hey @Bluebeat and folks also experiencing this issue with gaps between tracks, as @Placebophile has already shared - we are indeed looking into this further :+1:

We haven’t yet replicated the issue specifically in the ways listed on this thread, but we’ve got an idea of which direction to investigate further.

I will report back with any findings as we spend more time looking into this issue :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @benjamin.

Update: after a software update of both the Roon and Sonos versions last week, the long pauses are noticeably shorter on my system. But they are not yet completely gone. How are the others?

Just tried it again:

Still gapless, no pause at all.

Just tried Revolver Super Deluxe again. Gaps still present - that’s the only thing I can say after a few tracks.

Hey @Bluebeat,

Thanks for the update on your status. As the next step in our investigation process, we’ve made a small change to the way traffic is delivered to your core, to test a theory we have.

Please reboot your core twice for it to activate, and let me know if you notice any change :+1:

Hi @benjamin

Rebooted twice, and tried Revolver Super Deluxe. Gap of aprox. 11 seconds between the first two tracks. Between the second and third track another gap of aprox. 20 seconds. Next a gap of about 30 seconds. Next gap: 5 seconds. Quick and dirty, this little test, but I’d say: no improvement.

I should add that at first Revolver didn’t load at all. The next album I played (Avram Fefer Quartet Juba Lee 16/44 Qobuz) also took at least one restart to load the first track. Second track didn’t load too, it played only after a second try. Worse than before.

After restarting the whole digital chain, the first two tracks of Juba Lee played gapless. Then it took some time to start up Revolver, first track went fine, second track and next tracks weren’t picked up at all. The remotes couldn’t find the core anymore.

Had to reboot the MU1 twice to get it up and running again. After that it was gapless playback with Revolver for 4 tracks. Then the signal from the MU1 to the DAC was interrupted, while the remote showed Roon was running. Stopping and restarting playback brought back the signal. Again a few tracks played gapless. Then de gaps reappeared, inconsistent in length. That’s were it stands now.

@benjamin I’ll keep you informed. But for now it seems not to be the solution we’re after.

Starting to notice this too on Qobuz very long between tracks but its not all the time which is infuriating.

It is indeed quite a nuisance, @CrystalGipsy

@benjamin Tracks get skipped too, now. If that happens Roon states they’re not available or failed to load. With Roon Radio picking the tracks, 4 out of 12 failed to load, today. But there are spells of reasonably error free playtime. The gaps remain most of the time, though.

@Bluebeat, @benjamin hasn’t come online for the day yet, but we wanted to have you try a different configuration change. Please do another double restart of your core and let us know what happens.

Thanks @AMP

I will try later today, I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

Same part of problems here, not sure it started with build 1169 but since beginning of November.
Running a Nucleus Plus with about 260.000 tracks in my libraries. Using TIDAL and Qobuz and my own libraries on a Synology NAS and the internal 4TB SSD storage in my Nucleus Plus.
Slow start of tracks, not able to find tracks, not able to connect my iPads (Pro 2021 version) or iPhone (13) to ROON.
Tested and replaced my switches, Ethernet cables.

Running ROON directly from my Synology NAS which also runs ROCK has no problem at all.

In the Nucleus Plus, this weekend we replaced the standard M.2 SSD for a Samsung EVO Plus 250gb and unfortunately still waiting for the RAM DDR4 2666 1.2V SO DIMM cards.

The Nucleus is still “working” to add the music to my library which will take some with this size but so far it is working well. Even at running at 8 cores now for the time being.

Will keep you posted as when this fixed my problems it could solve yours as well.

Jeff

Sorry, forgot to mention the Kingston RAM on order are 2x 16gb
This should do the job.