Lost most of my cover art

@support

Hi - I lost most of my cover art in Roon with the update that happened today.

1 Like

Hey @Dan_Schwartz – we’ve seen one other report like this and it turned out to be an OS level issue on the Core machine. It was resolved by rebooting the Core.

Have you rebooted? If that doesn’t help, can you give us the details of your setup?

I have rebooted, yes. I’ll try again.

I’m using an older Mac Mini, 10.12.5, and Roon was updated today, which is when the problem began, to build 234.

@support

@support
Rebooting didn’t change anything

Hi @Dan_Schwartz ----- Thank you for touching base and giving the proposed test a shot. The feedback is appreciated.

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please verify the following for me:

1. How big is your collection size (based on number of tracks) and where is being stored/accessed from?

2. If you are running any devices as Roon remotes, are you making the same observation in regard to the cover art?

Quick test:
I would like to see if we can trigger a change in behavior here by performing the following with one of the albums you are noticing this behavior with.

• Please close the application and navigate to the watch folder where the media in question is located.

• Once you are in the same directory where the media is stored, please make a copy of one of the albums you are noticing this issue with and move it to a separate location (temporarily).

• Once the media has been copied and is in a safe location…please re-launch roon, navigate to same album you copied in the previous step, and delete it in app.

Note: By performing this action the media in the watch folder will be permanently deleted. So please be certain that everything was copied accordingly as cited in the previous step

• Once the content has been deleted, please take the copy you made and re-import it into Roon.

• Please verify if you are still running into the same behavior.

-Eric

@support

Hi Eric,

Number of tracks = 142611. The files are on two Seagate drives.

And I use the Mac Mini, on which I’m experiencing the problem, in my main system in the living room. I also use the phone application to control Roon on a Sonos in another room. Same problem persists.

I’ll do the next step now.

@support

Most of the art is back, I don’t know why. But some of it isn’t, and nothing I do will restore it.

Additionally, a copy of Sgt. Pepper had a weird picture of Paul Hewson (who goes by the professional name Bono) as an album cover, even though I couldn’t find such a picture anywhere on my drives and couldn’t delete it.

@support

BTW, when the art isn’t showing up, it’s replaced by a spinning arrow. I navigate to the art, click on it, and get… the same arrow.

@support
I tried deleting a folder of 25 discs that show up now w/ no art, and re-importing. Nothing different. I tried removing them from the folder. Nothing different.

Hi @Dan_Schwartz ---- Thank you for touching base with us, the continued feedback is appreciated!

Moving forward, we’d like to take a look at your logs to see if we can determine what could be causing this behavior to occur. Instructions on how to upload logs to us can be found here.

-Eric

@support

They’re uploaded to DropBox:

Hi @Dan_Schwartz ----- Thank you for touching base with us and providing the requested content.

Confirming that your logs have been received and are in my our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech staff. Once my report has been updated, I will be sure to follow up with the teams thoughts/findings. Your patience is appreciated while we conduct our investigation.

-Eric

@support
More art is disappearing:

1 Like

@support

And if this is helpful: previously, the art was right there when I would change pages. Now, much of it isn’t there when I change, but shows up pretty speedily, if it shows up.

1 Like

@support

So the problem seems to be over, but… I still can’t get the art to stick to the particular albums.

What I mean is that I added some stuff to the folder that’s been mostly affected. It’s fine. But the previous items just continue to have the problem. And no matter what I do, they and a few others are irreparable.

Same problem here. You’re not alone.

I had this problem before. There was some sort of weird corruption that was ‘deleting’ album art. Couldn’t fix it.
I made a backup of the Roon folder, uninstalled Roon and started again from scratch - but I did not re-install the backup (I kept it, just in case).

I haven’t had any problems since, but I’ve basically lost all the edits / play-counts etc I’d made since using Roon from the beginning of its existence…

Antonio, did you lose the art on the core, or only on the remotes, like me?

Ruud

Both, Core and remotes…

@support

Let me take back that last comment - the covers that I added to that folder have now vanished.