Lumin U2 mini released

Hi @wklie Peter when my Lumin U2 streaming stops it causes a loud “pop or click” on my system. As there have been recent app & firmware updates is there something that might have caused this or is it more likely down to Roon software developments elsewhere?

For the record, I had this problem some while ago (before the arrival of the U2) which the Roon Resync Delay setting resolved. This problem has reappeared in the last couple of days and “resync” no longer resolves it!

Thanks in anticipation.

Hello, new to this forum. I have had the U2 Mini for a few days and I have a similar question to the one posed by @PixelPopper – using Qobuz direct, prior to a song being played sometimes I get a good “pop” or scratching sound. Any suggestions to the cause and/or solution? The U2 is connect via AES to a Merason DAC1. The issue occurs regardless of AES or SPDIF connection to the DAC. No issue when played music via my attached SSD.

Thanks for the help.

What is your DAC?

Which output type are you using? USB / AES / coax ?

Do you have Lumin re-sampling enabled in Lumin app?

Do you have Volume Control enabled in Lumin app?

Please post a Roon signal path screenshot.

1 Like

Is this Roon playback of Qobuz or Lumin app playback of Qobuz or Qobuz app AirPlay to Lumin?

What is your DAC?

Do you have Lumin re-sampling enabled in Lumin app?

Do you have Volume Control enabled in Lumin app?

Is it attached to Roon Core, or U2 Mini (so you cannot be using Roon)?

If you are using Roon, please post a signal path screenshot.

Peter, thanks for the questions. Here are my responses:

Is this Roon playback of Qobuz or Lumin app playback of Qobuz or Qobuz app AirPlay to Lumin? A: Lumin app playback

What is your DAC? A: Merason DAC1

Do you have Lumin re-sampling enabled in Lumin app? A: No, it is turned off

Do you have Volume Control enabled in Lumin app? A: Yes

Is the SSD attached to Roon Core, or U2 Mini (so you cannot be using Roon)? A: U2 Mini

If you are using Roon, please post a signal path screenshot. A: At this time no

dc_colorado:
List item

Hi Peter, thank you for your prompt reply.

responses below…

What is your DAC? - Chord Mscaler/Dave

Which output type are you using? USB / AES / coax ? - USB

Do you have Lumin re-sampling enabled in Lumin app? - ON (Native) [I thought I had previously turned this off, now turned off but the problem persists]

Do you have Volume Control enabled in Lumin app? - YES

Please post a Roon signal path screenshot.

My system- no problems

Nucleus: hard wired to U1
LUMIN U1: upscaling is set to native
Volume set to 100/fixed (no Leedh)
USB out to M-Scaler

M-Scaler: dual bnc out to Qutest with highest upsampling
Qutest DAC: Incisive Filter with no roll off
Voltage out is one volt to preamp/line stage

Hope you get it working to your satisfaction.

2 Likes

Hi John,

Thanks for the info., we have slightly different setups but the configuration is pretty much the same. Nothing, configuration wise, has changed in my system for a few weeks but the problem described has returned.
However, The Lumin U2 firmware and Lumin app have both been updated recently. The firmware isn’t the cause as I was experiencing the problem prior to updating it. The app update isn’t the only potential cause as Roon beta’s have been updated a few times in the last few days, so I have also raised the issue with the “Betas team.”

Life used to be so simple….:grin:

1 Like

Hello ( From France )

I ve got a question about resampling settings on my LuminU2 mini , have you this picture on your settings ?

It’ s not a multiple of 44.1 kHZ ? i must have 352.8 kHZ … not 384 kHZ , so thanks for your help !

Please tell me your version of Lumin app.

Android should be 5.1.0
iOS should be 8.0.2

Yes , it is the last version 5.1.0 ( Androïd) and the last Firmware 15.1

That looks like a typo in the app UI. Please try to use it and verify the output at the DAC side. It should output 352.8kHz for 44.1kHz source. Lumin never performs non-integer upsampling by itself (unless you use Roon or external software).

Hi Peter @wklie have you to any thoughts on the associated post please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

Investigating.

1 Like

Thanks a lot wklie ,

I’ve send a message to Lumin two weeks ago for this error , but no answer … so i think for the future version this will be corrected .

I searched for your name in official Lumin e-mail. I only found an e-mail dated February 8 asking about new product info.

I even looked at the spam folder.

So your e-mail has not been received by us, but this no longer matters since that you’ve let me know of this issue here.

So everything is explained !!!

Strange , my last message is dated of the 13/09 with captured screenshots , to info@luminmusic.com

So could I send my lost messages to another email address ? if you want ?

Best regards , Frédéric .

No need.

Please test the 352.8kHz upsampling despite the typo, and let me know.

Hello ,

Yes , it is well displayed 352.8 kHz on the screens of my two DAC’S ( FOSTEX and SMSL ) , and 384 kHz on the LUMIN app. so it’s just an error of typo .

I’m running the Lumin U2 mini with a T+A dac200. The Lumin will upsample to dsd256, which takes the burden off of my Roon Nucleus. The U2 is powered by an Sbooster lps, and it sounds pretty darn good.

1 Like