Marantz Cinema Line [HEOS] - When is it Roon Ready?

Thanks, but I have no intention of moving roon to a different server/platform. ROCK has been rock solid (pun intended) since I first installed it, and I don’t want to start using a different OS for it.

I wasn’t aware that RHEOS could run on a separate device from the roon server, that is something I will explore. I don’t really want to incur the power overhead of having another device on 24 hours a day (even if it is just a Raspberry Pi). I do have a Windows 11 PC running Kodi that I use as a media centre PC; maybe I could install RHEOS on there, but I haven’t found any easy Windows install instructions (I admit I haven’t read through all of the very long RHEOS threads).

Install docker and run it under there. The instructions are for doing it this way. I felt that way about Rock until I moved away from it, would never go back now. As I have one system for everything and it’s rock solid. Roon bugs aside of course.

Happy to help - it’s really not hard if you make smart choices - eg dietpi and extension manager …

I assume because of the limitations of HEOS, you won’t be able to play multichannel dsf files through roon and marantz/denon.

No HEOS doesn’t support multichannel at all so Roon won’t be able to.

HEOS doesn’t support Multichannel its stereo only this is down to the hardware.

1 Like

As per partners page Marantz SACD 30n and Denon Home powered speakers might become Roon Ready with next firmware.
If anyone has any of those devices please post how do you get on with it once RR firmware will be released.

Hmm, I’m not seeing the “Roon Tested” labels on the Denon Home line in your screenshot on the Denon Partners page. But, I do see the 30n on the Marantz Partners page. Are you looking at some other page?

There must a discrepancy between mobile and full version of the site:
https://roon.app/en/partners/104/denon

1 Like

I have the Marantz SACD 30n and will be paying close attention.

2 Likes

Ah, I see that now thanks! I’ll keep checking within the Roon app for my Home 250!

1 Like

Updated HEOS, my Home 350 is now showing ROON Tested.

The day the 70s Stereo is showing Roon Ready I’m buying it :slight_smile:

1 Like

They haven’t released the update yet that adds Roon Ready latest is from July currently which is U34.

1 Like

Correct, i was simply stating it is now back to Roon Tested other than Other Network Devices. My Denon still sits in that category unfortunately.

1 Like

My Model40n has never even got Roon Tested status!

My Denon X4700H showed up in ROON Tested for about two months before it disappeared.

I got in touch with US Denon support however they don’t have any info when next firmware will be released: Regrettably, we would not have any information on the release date regarding Roon Ready firmware.
I’ll try UK branch later as it is too late for it today.

Roon Tested just means AirPlay, correct?

Yes, but is one step closer to ROON Ready