Marantz Cinema Line [HEOS] - When is it Roon Ready?

I doubt they will say anything. As it will be a big announcement when it’s released. As it’s the first ones to have it. They will milk it from both sides and they won’t want the public to know until it’s ready to go.

1 Like
3 Likes

Woohoo! My SACD 30n and I eagerly await the update!

A fiasco….

1 Like

Wonder why the Denon and Marantz flagship products (like the Marantz AV 10) aren’t listed as being one of the first to be Roon Ready?

HEOS came to Classe Audio in 2024 too. I hope that flagship devices like the Delta Pre MKII and the Marantz AV10 get there certificate very soon.

It seems to be a very slow process, one model at a time. I assume the SACD 30n is first because it’s Marantz’s top of the line network able 2 channel audio device. The KI Ruby and SA-10 are not network able.

I imagine the SACD was easier to sort out first less moving parts. Av amps have all sorts of other stuff that will interfere with adding it. DSP being a big one, many more inputs to auto switch from and to.

1 Like

Sacd 30n ok. Si i guess cd50n and model 40n will be next in line for they share the same network base.

1 Like

I would hope so but I think it’s Denon Home products next.

New U34.1 firmware has been released today and Roon Ready is available for the following devices:
Denon:

• DNP-2000NE
  • Denon Home 150
  • Denon Home 250
  • Denon Home 350
  • Denon Home 150 NV
  • Denon Home Amp

Marantz:

• SACD 30n
  • CD 50n
  • Model 60n
  • Model M1
  • Model M4

Please post how do you get on with it.

2 Likes

At last.

I’ll be seeing how this all woks with new and old HEOS enabled devices.

An exciting weekend ahead!

1 Like

DNP-2000, Very happy about it :smile::smile:

Seems to work fine

Updated the firmware on my 350 speaker and it works as it should now with Roon….:hugs::hugs: It’s been a longtime coming but thankfully it’s working well and my original PEQ info still works too.

If anyone has two powered speakers set in stereo pair please share your comments how is it working with Roon Ready.

Denon UK support comments on legacy AVRs Rood Readiness:

There are currently no plans of updating our legacy AVR’s to give them Roon Ready support.
No legacy AVR’s will get a Roon Ready upgrade. If customers want Roon Ready they will have to upgrade the hardware.

Fully agree on Peter’s comment…

and AVRs which will be released in future

We cannot comment on products that haven’t currently been released. However, we will announce all new product launches on our Facebook page and Denon website once they become available.

However it is highly possible that all future released AVR’s going forward will become Roon Ready.

The best thing for you to do is to wait for the model to be released and then contact us so that way we are then able to speak regarding specs and features.

Quick testing this morning. Forced firmware updates for DNP2000NE and MarantzM1 went well. Heos software updated as expected.

Great to be able to play directly Roon ready to both.

Grouped together and with other Roon ready devices works nicely. Really good to see a smooth integration here.

Grouping in Roon does not create a Heos group. The Heos app prevents any grouping with a device playing Roon as source. This means unable to group with older Heos devices.

RHEOS behaves nicely with the new version on early testing and allows grouping as expected.

I note no AVRs yet enabled as ROON ready - will be waiting as I now have two Cinema series waiting to be fully included.

Will feedback on further progress and more fully check the new version of RHEOS which will help with the legacy device situation, believe! Keep a watch this weekend.

I saw on the Roon website that the Marantz cinema series and the Denon’s X800 series, in addition to the Marantz Av10 and the Denon Avr-A1h, have disappeared among the compatible products “Ready” and “Tested”.
Or have they ever been there?

Never there officially - confused information previously hasn’t helped here.

Not even among the “tested”?

I’ll be confused …

1 Like