Marantz Cinema Line [HEOS] - When is it Roon Ready?

Is the issue with AVR’s/Processor’s getting the Roon treatment because of the Zones available? Most have three zones. Would they be able to do each Zone as an Endpoint?

I was wondering the same - as finding a way to do this in RHEOS was a challenge. Even the native HEOS app can not play separately to individual zones.

1 Like

Neither can Bluos if I remember rightly. It would only play to the main zone on the T778 I had.

It’s one of the reasons why I gave up on BluOS some years ago…

Well the Home 350 is now ROON Ready, just updated and confirmed.

1 Like

CD50n updated. Work flawlessly.

1 Like

Are you able to stream 192/24 without it downsampling to 44.1? I was testing on the home 150 and found it downsampling from Tidal 192/24 Flac.

Looks that way, it is downsampling because it is still using Airplay.

I just figured it out, Disable the Airplay device. It is working correctly now.

Are you sure about that? My amp can (unless Im misinterpreting what you mean)

Yes, but would Roon show “Living”, “Kitchen” and “Dining” as separate endpoints?

I certainly hope so, but I agree we don’t know. (I dont even know if it’ll get Roon Ready at all… it seems to have gone from a pretty sure thing to hopeful at best)

1 Like

You can only play the same stream to each not different material to each’ zone’ …

Ah, that makes sense but is also quite a limitation in comparison to the other AVR inputs (if you have multiple roon endpoints/zones)

1 Like

Getting back to the Marantz AV 10, wonder why it is not listed on Roon’s Marantz page?

I’m also assuming that there is no public master list of all the Denon and Marantz pieces getting Roon Ready support?

We own two Denon Home 150’s and a Denon 350, along with the Marantz AV 10 and two Marantz M-CR612 units. Now that our Denon 150’s and 350 are Roon Ready, I’d sure like to know if the AV 10 and M-CR612’s are definitely getting Roon Ready status.

1 Like

Roon only publish what is certified, they never comment on what’s in the pipeline.

Cant use any settings on CD50
Everything is locked
But it play :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have a Denon Home 150 in my kitchen. In the lounge i have a Bluesound Node 2i. Now the Home 150 is Roon Ready I can do multiroom with RAAT rather than AirPlay which I’m happy about. The 150 internally downsamples to 44.1 all sources before doing its signal processing and digital amplification - but I’m okay with this for a small space speaker. The other issue is that room sync is off quite a lot of the time - maybe by 50msec or so which is noticable. A pause and play will sort it out but sometimes on long playlists it will drift apart again. I might change the Node 2i to a supported HEOS device when I move house later this year. Does anyone know if the more expensive HEOS devices (I was thinking HEOS Amp) still downsample everything to 44.1? Or if there is a trick to keeping the sound in sync?

There is an option in the advanced setup for each zone called “Zone Grouping Delay.” That should help you sync up.

Thanks. I’ve had a play with all of this but the delay is not consistent. It usually happens when I start to play a song as if one device takes longer to “pre roll” the stream. If I pause the music and then press play again they come into sync. Also if the song changes and the bitrate also changes then it can introduce a delay. If it was just one device was always delayed then I could compensate but as I say it is not consistent. I thought RAAT was meant to prevent this. I’ve even tried setting the node as master clock and the Denon as a lower priority but it still happens. Occasionally also happens with Airplay but much less frequently.