Matrix Mini-I Pro 3 : Roon ready or not?

Alan can’t wait to get your updates, so I can know I am making the right decision :grin:

Mike

on the matrix site now:

1 Like

Maybe jumping the gun a bit as Roon haven’t updated their side to allow it to work.

is there a firmware update the unit needs to receive before it will work?

According to the Matrix forum once Roon certify it then it should work even without the new firmware which is suppose to be out middle of next week.

1 Like

I received my Mini-I Pro 3 yesterday. It does not work as a Roon endpoint yet. I am using the Mini-I Pro 3 as a DAC using an Auralic Aries Mini as a streamer. After three or four hours of letting it burn in, the Mini-I Pro 3 sounds really good as a DAC. It is a considerable upgrade over the built in DAC in my integrated amp. I will let the setup stream non stop for a few more days to complete the burn in, so it should be ready to go when Roon turns on the Roon Ready flag.

1 Like

For the price I think these are exceptional value. Lower price DACs have come a long way in recent years
For a Roon and headphone user the Mini is a simple and good sounding solution.
Now we just need Roon to do the last little bit and unlock it :pleading_face:

Look at this page, guys.

2 Likes

Is anyone seeing it as certified yet? Someone on the MA forum said it was working but mine still says uncertified. Tried restarting/new IP but no luck.
The new firmware is available for download, too.

It was I who wrote that and I might have been to quick on the trigger. I was in a hurry this morning. When I get home I will have another look.

All good. Was just a bit worried it was me!

Mini-i PRO 3 does not show as Roon ready yet. :slightly_frowning_face:

I have done the firmware update though. Hopefully the Roon ready badge will go through soon.

Same here, firmware updated but device still uncertified.
i’m in lockdown so nothing better to do than keep checking. Back to USB.

Come on @dylan please chime in. Can you let us know what’s going on? Do I need to do something to the ROCK to re sync the DB? I thought it was automatic.

Have you restarted your Roon core? Sometimes that’s needed to make it work

1 Like

I have tried a reboot, but with no success.

Yes I’ve tried that as well :-1: with no success.

Same here. Updated firmware, re-launched Roon Server, re-started core. Not working as endpoint. I know we’re almost there, but am getting impatient.

OK seem I to have fixed it. I rebooted the ROCK rather than restarting it.
Now it’s working as an endpoint. Success :partying_face:

3 Likes

At long last, working here now too!