Max volume on start of playback via Airplay - Naim Mu-so & Mu-so Qb [Solved]

I understand precisely your proposed “workaround” unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. Different listening levels in different zones are fine until the music stops, the devices sleep and when you switch them back on you can get caught out & disrupt the activities of others. Hopefully it works for you.

Well, after all that, it appears that Build 416 may have resolved the issue, at least for me, at least for the moment. Keeping my fingers crossed.

@support

Any news on this long running issue and a solution that works, it really is getting way beyond a joke that after more than 6 months neither Roon or Naim can fix this.

Not at all what we are paying our money for; this is a fault, a defect, not an enhancement or development we’re asking for and needs to be addressed as such.

Please.

4 Likes

agreed. thanks for posting, i was going to post the same thing. as each month passes, I’m feeling less and less good about paying for the product, and not feeling anymore like this company cares that i have a good experience. there’s been plenty of new features and shiny things added. how about making it basically work with mainstream speakers? How much development time is going into this bug? is it fixable? Communication please.

2 Likes

Same problem here. For months now. Just saw this thread. Please advise of solution.

Excuse a moment of cynicism but, the Roon Ready Muso 2 is now available.
Could be a cunning plan on behalf of Naim :roll_eyes:

1 Like

For the people who are seeing improvement with the latest release, thanks for letting us know.

For the people who are still having issues here, note that we’re not done looking into this, and clearly we have some more work to do in order to understand why this device is having issues we’re not seeing with other Airplay devices.

We’ve discussed this issue with Naim in the past, and we’ll be working with them going forward to understand why the reports have been inconsistent, and how we can resolve this for everyone.

We’re not done with this issue, and we know what a frustrating issue this is for Mu-so users. Sorry for the trouble everyone, and thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

well, did get me looking at those shiny new muso 2’s

1 Like

But a 30% increase in price makes the KEF LS50W a viable alternative, space permitting :thinking:

I have to add myself back to the list of users who can’t get Roon and Naim to play nice on volume. Goes straight to 100. This time I’m working around it by using a spare CCA dongle instead of AirPlay, but it really shouldn’t be necessary to have any workaround.

Any news on this?

1 Like

There’s been some progress in the last few weeks, but I’m not going to declare victory until a fix ships.

More information when we have it, all. Thanks!

2 Likes

mike
I understand the caution but can you confirm that ( following appropriate testing etc.) there will be a fix. I am about to upgrade to a Muso2 but will keep my original Muso for another room if this volume issue is going to be fixed eventually

1 Like

unfortunately I do also have the problem with max volume when waking up my muso and muso qb.
I really hope that there will be a working fix soon.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Max volume on start - airplay [Ticket Open]:

Mike, so back in May you said you’d be working on this, with Naim, what progress has been made now we’re heading into late June?

Hello @Andrew_Storey,

I’ve moved your post to the existing thread to keep things organized.

At this point in time, we do not have new information to share beyond what @mike mentioned in his previous post. The teams at Roon and Naim continue to collaborate on what has turned out to be a more complicated issue than anticipated.

We understand that affected users are anxious to see this issue resolved, and we’re eager to deliver the good news. Once both teams are confident with the fix and the timeline for a rollout we will be sure to share that information in this thread.

-John

Plus 1 on this issue… Am I right that this is only an issue with Muso and Qb’s because its related to Airplay and a uniti atom would not be effected because it is ‘Roon ready’?

No doubt that this is clearly a rather complex issue given the time its taking to find a fix…So I sympathise, but have to say I won’t be signing up for a paid Roon membership until this is sorted.
Otherwise loving Roon.

Hi, Sorry But I’m having an issue in the this realm as well… Have read through above but got a little lost as new to roon and the general topic. Excuse my laymans understanding.
On a few occasions now my muso and muso qb are starting at max volume, (which is very worrying as I’ve already had repairs to blown drivers. )
Ive set both the max volume and comfortable volume limits to 55 but it still starts at the muso’s max.
After reading this I Fixed volume and saved, reopened setting but still no option to set max volume (or disable).
Im using a MacBook…
The only option under advanced settings is Multichannel mixing and volume levelling is not enabled…

Im waiting on my new Uniti atom/Totem system … will that system be any different to muso in regard to ‘roon ready’ and ‘Airplay’?

Please help

You can set the maximum permissible volume using the Naim App, in settings. It’s a work around but not always convenient. That said, this method should offer a degree of safety for your drivers.
I have not heard of any issues with the Uniti.

For my part, I will not renew my subscription… Too expensive, too many bugs… The concept is great but the implementation is catastrophic… The Muso’s volume issue has been going on since December 2018 and there is not an ounce of a solution…