Meridian Link Zone Drift

I link my Meridian 218 (Latest Firmware) with an MS200 using the optical output to feed a bluesound unit.
It starts of perfectly in time but slowly the sync drifts.
If I unlink and re link the zones, we are back to normal for a while.
Can anything be done?
@support

Hello @Chrislayeruk,

How long does it take to get into this state of the sync drift? Does it occur after an hour/a day/a week of playback? What is your setup like and how the Blusound and the 218 connected to the network?

Thanks for the reply, it takes less than half an hour before I notice if I walk from room to room.
My 218, MS220 are on the wired network with basic switches. The Bluesound pulse flex is fed optically from the MS200.

Hey @Chrislayeruk,

You’ll need to share some more info for us to better understand your setup:

• Core OS and model/manufacturer
  • Model/manufacturer of switches/router
  • How the 218/Flex is connected (to which switch)?
  • Where the Core is connected (to a switch or to the router)?
  • If this issue only impacts certain types of content (does it occur with only 96kHz+ / MQA)?

Thanks, my core is on a Qnap TVS 471 up stairs (Latest Build Roon) and via a TP link switch goes downstairs to another TP link switch to the 218. From the same switch downstairs, cat 5e to a TP link switch in the kitchen that allows both the MS2oo and the Bluesound Flex to be hard wired.
The BT router is connected to the same switch as the 218.

I noticed this playing internet Radio BBC

Hi @Chrislayeruk,

Thanks for the additional info. Can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the exact local time + date + track/station of the issue’s occurrence and let me know this info here?

Ok 10.20 AM UK British Summer time I started Roon zones linked playing BBC Radio 5 live on Radio.
10.47 British summer time the sync issue is noticeable enough to be un pleasant to listen to.

At the start it was perfect.

10.49 I started a Tidal Track CD quality by Reb Fountain and sync was fine

At 11.26 I seemed to notice a drift in sync whilst playing CD continuously.
Un grouping and re grouping fixed it

1 Like

Thanks for the timestamps @Chrislayeruk. I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your NAS and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers.

I can confirm the report has been received and passed to the technical team for further analysis, once we have more info I or another support staff member will reach out once more.

1 Like

Hello @Chrislayeruk,

Looking at the logs we can see the MS200 zone dropping off the network during playback on multiple occasions. The traces look like this:

04/29 11:33:13 Trace: [lounge DSP5200SE] [Lossless, 16/44 FLAC => 16/44] [100% buf] [PLAYING @ 0:55/4:42] The Divine - Reb Fountain
04/29 11:33:13 Trace: [Meridian Kitchen] [Lossless, 16/44 FLAC => 16/44] [100% buf] [PLAYING @ 0:55/4:42] The Divine - Reb Fountain
04/29 11:33:16 Warn: [ping to [192.168.1.69:58131] timed out in EndpointManagementClient after 5000.068ms --check the remote end]
04/29 11:33:16 Trace: [Sooloos.Audio.Meridian.EndpointManagementClient disposed]
04/29 11:33:16 Trace: [Sooloos.Broker.Transport.MeridianZonePlayerEndpointStreamingClient disposed]
04/29 11:33:16 Trace: [push] restarting connection (Unable to read data from the transport connection: interrupted.)
04/29 11:33:16 Info: [meridian] connection failed to 192.168.1.69 management=58131 control=58130 clock=49154
04/29 11:33:16 Trace: [push] retrying connection in 69503ms

Unfortunately the logs do not contain any real insight into why this is occurring. I would try some basic network troubleshooting by connecting the MS200 directly to your router and bypassing the switch. If you still run into the issue with a simplified setup, I would reach out to Meridian for further assistance.

-John

Thank you for that, I will try as you suggest. At least you found something tangible. Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.