Metadata Improver: Halted on Ubuntu 18

Hi @dylan,
I see this message also from time to time. Often after my roon server has restarted the “hard” way. Typically ist’s also required to enter my subscription credentials and de-/reauthorize my roon server. After restarting the roonserver service everything is fine - until the next hard boot, but this is my fault …

BTW: I’m using roon server on Ubuntu 18

bye

Markus

Hi @Markus_Schoenberger,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Just to confirm — This happens every single time you reboot the Core machine?

Hi @dylan,
sorry my last message wasn’t clear. I have not problem with roon, this “special” behaviour only happens, if the server was NOT shutdown / rebooted the propper way - power outage is the typical problem for my server. So, all fine for me.
My last reply was just the idea, if an impropper service stop / shutdown may cause this update needed message, based on files not closed the expected way.
bye
Markus

This seems to be a quite typical issue with Roons last update a number of users have had it myself included. I fixed it by reinstalling Roon OS on my ROCK. It’s also helped others on different OS to reinstall Roon. Remembering to do a database back up.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Metadata Improver Error on SonicTransporter

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.