Missing Basic Features

it is no problem. this thread is not about me and my audiobooks…
thank you for your help guys

i have much more problems and bugs about roon that i not even report…

i lost trust in roon because of some crazy guy and the fact that a 20 year old would have no use for roon and would not buy it even for 2€. the development stuck.

it is sad that roon dont want our help

it could be a wonderfull app for server owners, but i think they want to be a apple like company. but 60 year old housewifes will not buy roon

1 Like

Atta boy !! Couldn’t have said it any better

Upon reading this, Roon’s Marketing Manager resigns, the whole marketing strategy torn to shreds… :scream:

Its one of those funnies ,for example I remember Robert Plant as a vibrant skinny guy sucking a microphone with his shirt open to the waist , not the ageing hippy (no offence meant) we see sometimes as he has aged , hes older than ME !!. I am sure he’s the same guy …

(Both images from Roon BTW)

The decision is where do you pitch the photo now ? or in their heyday , maybe there should be room for several. There are so many balding bass players these days :smiling_imp:

Not found anybody who’s not been able to use it yet. That includes my significant other who is a techophobe and my 13 year old daughter. Not really rocket science and it’s not trying to be like every other music app out there. I agree it’s not perfect but then nothing is at all currently.

1 Like

Hi Jim,

Rather than pull out one sentence at the end of a paragraph perhaps you might read everything that was written, which was about the topic at hand.

Or maybe I’d just say to you:

I’m here to listen to music I like, nothing more, nothing less.

This thread is about missing basic features, not:

how you listen to your music,

nothing more nothing less

Nothing to do with missing basic features?

That doesn’t seem to achieve very much does it?

Thank you.

1 Like

That’s Robert Plant - I think the other guy in the pic is Demis Roussos in his prime.

:rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Nah he has no beard. I am sure Demis had a beard.

So this system allows you to edit the genre names?

Your own Genres are driven by the ID3 Genre tag in the file metadata. People who use this are usually also using a third party metadata editor, and use this for editing and to define the genre tags to be whatever they want them to be. In Roon, it is the Genre hierarchy that can be edited (since the concept of a Genre hierarchy is not supported in the ID3 metadata standard).

Oh my goodness - WWE on their Hawaiian leg. :grin:

I hardly think going into every genre and then altering its parent is efficient, or user friendly. But yes, you “can” edit the hierarchy.

What I was asking was whether you could manage the genre database, as outlined Here. You cannot. Until I can alter the alternative pop/rock tag to only include alternative rock OR alternative pop, managing genres is non-existent as far as I’m concerned

:sunglasses:

I still use iTunes extensively. It is a case of iTunes holding many year’s worth of my efforts rating individual tracks. To this day, there is a lot of stuff that for me works far better in iTunes than it does in Roon, for the sake of what I suspect would be some relatively trivial updates.

If a band has albums spread over decades (like Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Queen etc.) I wished that for each album Roon uses a corresponding press photo of that artist at that given time.
Roon claims to be the best server software, so why offering us only a meager single artist photo instead of many?

2 Likes

Because it will only use what the metadata services have available. If these images are not tagged with date info then Roon is blind as to what to use, much like any software would.

Not entirely true @CrystalGipsy - you can add your own artist image. The problem, as @Dan_Rosen suggests, is that Roon only allows one artist image to be used.

I’m not sure how Dan’s suggestion would work though. When you view an album, you don’t see the artist photo at all - you see the album art. So I struggle to see how you could get it to show different artist photos depending on album.

But since you can set Roon to cycle through a gallery of album art, I suppose you could add artist photos there (for local albums only - won’t work for streamed albums)

The fix for this issue is to spend more time listening to Roon than looking at it. :grinning: Problem solved.

2 Likes