Most inexpensive ALL-IN-ONE roon amplfier

Sorry, I have not been here for a few days but i really appreciate your ideas. I will give you my opinion on a few of your suggestions, so it will be more clear, what I am looking for.

Not enough power to drive decent two way bookshelf my only 87-88db sensivity. And I dont like plastic in my euqipment :slight_smile: Furthermore i am NOT looking for a smart speaker but an AMP.

2 boxes and still not power amp. with power amp about 1.500 ā‚¬. i did not want to spend more than 1.000.

Have you ever heard it. I dont like the sound of sonos speakers, which kind of scares me away. the technical approach is exactly what i am looking for! but again: plastic!

Not enough power and not all-in-one at all.

I would need at least the C368 to have enough power. But with BluOS option well above 1.000 ā‚¬.

Plastic, isnt it?

This is a simple power amp? When did i ask for that? :wink:

Yes, Lumin is VERY inexpensive.

Interesting! Thanks for that. Just about the suffiecnt amount of power. Worth testing.

I need a little power to drive decent speakersā€¦ NOT lloking for a smart speaker but a networked power amp with roon capability.

dito!!! :slight_smile:

3.000ā‚¬ā€¦ too much!

May I ask, what kind of speakers you are driving with the power node?

Generally speaking: I am NOT looking for smart speaker. I am looking for a networked amp with full roon integration. No detours or limitations via chromecast, airplay a.s.o. I also want so be able to control volume with the roon app.

The best suggestions for my purpose have been Blusound powernode, Sonos Amp and the Elac DS-A101. But then again: I knew about those. the perfect solution would be something like those, but more powerfulā€¦

1 Like

@itzlbritzl Dit you check this one?

Thanksā€¦ But not enough power and VERY ugly :wink:

1 Like

No speakers, eh? OK, then Iā€™d pick the IQaudio DigiAmp+.

I ordered one earlier this year, along with a Pi and power supply (the 19v model), plus the smoked case and the OSMC remote, and it all cost 117.43 GBP.

So true :joy:

Actually, my NAD 3020 v2 or NAD 3045 plus the Allo digione, is a viable solution. In price point, and while 2 boxes, they are smaller together than just one of any of the others. Not only that, it is a solution I know works well, is robust, and can drive picky speakers. I had a set of 4 ohms plugged into the 3020 and it worked great.

2 Likes

The AudioPhonics amp already rejected as ā€œnot enough powerā€ is also 2x30W (like the NAD 3020). Wonder what the power constraints are? The Digi-AMP+ is 2x40. The 3045 would probably be OK, though. Add a Pi 4 for USB input, and youā€™re looking at a total of less than $850, Iā€™d guess.

I have one of these and pair with good quality speakers sounds great; much improvement on my Bluesound Pulse Flex. I keep the case hidden away and have ceiling speakers.

The NADā€™ D2030v2s can handle probably any speaker he wants to throw at them as I using it right now with 87 db/W/m sensitive tower speakers at 4 Ohms. (Totem Arros if anyone wants to look 'em up)

Heā€™s seen the options. His best bet is the C368; so he either has to up his budget a couple hundred, wait for a sale, or buy used. All doable.

@itzlbritzl You might tell use what speakers you were planning on using as then we could not waste time in suggesting things that werenā€™t powerful enough.

2 Likes

I have AudioVector M1 Avantgarde. They are bookshelf size, 8 Ohms, sensitivity about 88db.

This.

Phil, the selling point for me in having RAAT supported in this device would be the ability to include it in zone groups with other Roon Ready endpoints. Since itā€™s currently Airplay, it canā€™t be included, so I canā€™t have my music synchronised throughout the house and garden.

But very interesting to learn that ARCAM have plansā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

I solve that problem by having a small house and turning the main system up :rofl:

Fair point. I shall press Arcam on the topic at Ascot. On the one hand Roon readiness for a single device is probably costly. Re-use the development across multiple brands / products and it becomes more feasible I would have thought. And they certainly have scale - Samsung bought Harman for $8.5bn!

Now that looks nice.

Oopsā€¦ Now itā€™s been sold.

BLUESOUND Powernode here.

1 Like

Rose RS201

also Yamaha WXA50 if you can settle on Airplay not true Roon ready, much cheaper

I spoke to Arcam at the Ascot Show (great venue). Yes there are plans and there is development work underway. No timescales though. I donā€™t think itā€™s quite ā€˜donā€™t hold your breathā€™ territory, but it wonā€™t be anytime soon.

Phil, what is the DadFi in your title? Are you gonna turn your kids into speakers?