Moving playlists to a new core

Not them all, can you find the ones in your screen shot for example.

Yes I can find them and play them… but not from the playlist

Hey @Bobby_Stankov,

Where were these playlists created? iTunes? Roon? Are they m3u files?

Can you clarify exactly what steps you followed after restoring the backup? Has your storage configuration changed from the old Core to the new Core?

If you go to Settings > Library > Library Cleanup, what numbers are you seeing there – 0’s like in my screenshot, or something else?

(Note: don’t click the blue button to actually clean up – just want to know the numbers):

The playlists ware crusted in Roon and here is wha it shows

Sorry I wanted to say they are created in Roon

Is there any solution to find these playlists I spend quite some time to create them

Looks like the music file locations changed when you moved the core. As a result, your playlists can’t find the files. In more detail, the Roon library does not contain the music files itself, it just keeps track of where the music files are as well as a variety of information about the files that Roon uses to navigate your music collection. The music files live in whatever folder(s) you have specified in Settings>Storage. If the organization/contents of those folders changed between the old core and the new, you’d have the kind of problem you have reported.

Ok, so this means when you moved to the new Core machine, something went wrong with how you followed our migration instructions, so all your content was re-imported as “new”.

Would it be possible to restore a backup and try following the migration instructions again? Then everything should be fine, based on your screenshots.

I did it second time, I don’t do it right the first time and of course I did not have the playlists at all… after I ask you for advice I did fallow the migration instruction as you recommend and now I’m facing this problem. Before I go back to the old core backup and do it for third time, I want to make sure I won’t lose the info on the new core because I made some changes on there

Hello @Bobby_Stankov,

If you restore your database from an older backup, any new information you have written will be replaced. Picking and choosing pieces of a backup to replace is not possible so you will need to remake those changes if you follow the migration docs again, sorry I don’t have better news for you here.

Thanks,
Noris

I was wondering if I export the playlists then backup from the old core would I be able to recover them in the new core

Hello @Bobby_Stankov,

You can export your local media files but importing them again will only place them in your Library and will not automatically re-add them to the playlist they were a part of before.

Thanks,
Noris

I think I finally solve the problem with the playlists but I
got now a different problem all of a sudden my audio devices disappeared, how to fix that. I try trough setup/ audio… it says no devices found

@Bobby_Stankov - Can you try rebooting your Core and Router/Switches as the first troubleshooting step? I would also double check that Roon is still allowed past your firewall, instructions for OSX are listed here

Thanks,
Noris

Rebooting helped… thanks

I have an other problem l can’t see Roon created playlists from my iPad … l see the from my MacBook Pro and from my iPhone…any idea why

Hello @Bobby_Stankov,

Can you post some screenshots of the discrepancy?
Are you connected to the same Core on iPhone vs iPad?
I would double check this in Roon Settings -> General.

Thanks,
Noris

Actually I figured out what the problem is somehow I had two profiles and the iPad was on the second, I moved it to the first and I deleted the second… now everything is back to normal ( just letting you know if someone experience the same problem)… thanks

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Playlists for multiple profiles

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.