Multiple authorization messages

@support, same issue here running on QNAP server. I had to perform the ‘unauthorize’ workaround twice already

Hi @StefanK,

Can you please provide some more details regarding your setup?

Since un-authorizing the second time, is the Core stable?

hi @noris,

Unfortunately this morning I had again the same issue. When opening the Roon clients (ios and Windows) it asked me to enter my login details.
Then after quite a long time (around a minute) it finally presents the option to unauthorize my QNAP.
When I do, all is working again.

Initially I thought this happens on Roon server restart, but when I stop and restart Roon server from the QNAP menu, I don’t get the issue to re-login and unauthorize.

However I do have my QNAP shutting down for night and then auto-restart in the morning. After this full shutdown and restart, it is now 3rd time (3rd morning) that I have to re-run the login + unauthorize process.

In addition I also see the red triangle why says “Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update”

Regarding my setup, here are the details:
Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Linux x64/QNAP NAS/1.7 (571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet/Sotm 200Ultra

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord M Scaler (USB)/Chord Dave (Dual BNC)

Hi @StefanK,

Thanks for sharing the additional details!
We are aware of this issue and we are currently investigating, please see this thread for the latest info:

In case additional info will help, can you also please let me know the exact local time + date you next have to re-login to your QNAP?

Hi @noris,

Each day around 9-10am CEST when I first try to play some music. Server starts automatically at 7am CEST.
Today 21.06. I had to login and unauthorize second time in a single day, while the server was not restarted during the day. Only difference was that no music was playing for several hours (around 5). Then at 20:30 I wanted to play some music, but was forced to login and unauthorize again.

Quick hotfix would be really welcome as this situation is quite frustrating.

Please read this:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.