Music slow to start any source since build 923 [Fixed in B931]

Roon bridge. Ubuntu

1 Like

Roon IOS app crashed twice today also.
iPhone 11 Pro

1 Like

@beka - I have just uploaded my zipped logs. After restarting my Nucleus, I activated “Pause” several times in one song. The later in the song I did this, the longer it took Roon to activate the music again after deactivating Pause. Shortly before the end of the title, Roon needed almost 10 seconds to start the music again. Absolutely reproducible for me and I have never had this in any other build.
EDIT 1: I used the song “Nie wieder Krieg” by Tocotronic for my test.
EDIT 2: One more thing: I have the same delay when I transfer the music from one zone to another. Here, too, it takes up to 10 seconds. This also used to work without any noticeable delay.

2 Likes

It would be nice to understand if Roon updates are beta tested prior to rolling out to all users.

I had a pretty stable system, and now I’m experiencing pause issues and app crashing on iPhone pro 11, 15.3.1.

It would be my expectation a meaningful cross section of users would be trialling updates before any release.

2 Likes

Yep this is a great description of what is occurring for me too.
But its not everytime.

1 Like

Hi all :wave:

I, alongside our entire team, are very grateful for all your contribution in helping us discover the the cause for this behavior. Thanks go to @Toscana, @CrystalGipsy, @UliR :pray:

Our team was able to reproduce the issue and are working on a solution. Please, stay tuned :nerd_face:

8 Likes

I had not observed this until late last night when I turned on DSP. I was listening to my headphone set-up and decided to turn on upsampling and crossfeed. From that point forward hitting “play” to hearing music took many seconds. Signal path showed the correct path but Processing Speed remained at “x” until the music started then rapidly jumped to the mid-30’s. I was streaming from Qobuz. I cannot reproduce the same thing this morning. Not having the issue anymore.

Track to track was fine. It only occurred if I “stop” and then went to “play” again.

Edit: and @beka just posted Roon already found the problem so disregard my post if not relevant to issue.

1 Like

@beka, you are welcome. Just as an addition: I personally do not use any DSP settings.

2 Likes

Also came to report I’m experiencing this as well, glad they are working on it!

Anyone know if 931 fixes this?

This should be fixed in 931. This was a late-cycle fix and it got missed in the release notes. I’ve updated the release notes to reflect the change.

5 Likes

B931 fixed it for me. :+1:

I have not performed a full test, but initial impressions with build 931 indicate that the problem has been fixed.

From my little use last night it does seem to have been sorted. Down to 2 secs now with DSP enabled which I think was about right.

I still suffer some lag when changing tracks or albums when they’ve played > +/- 1 min, but it has gone down from 7-10secs to 2-3secs. So 90% solved, I guess

1 Like

For me it is exactly the same as for @Ricardo_Damborenea.

The problem is just getting worse and worse. Now it takes up to +20sec to change tracks or albums after a song has played for > 1min and I have been listening to music for a couple of hours. No problem if a full album is played, all song play back w/o lags between them.

Lags seem to increase the longer the Roon session and seem to get reduced if I restart Roon.

This is making Roon quite useless. I’m desperate

This is not the same as what this ticket was about. It never exhibited slow switching between sources it was purely slow to start from paused. Raise a different support thread as what you experiencing is not the same I have played for hours with this version no playback issues at all.

This isn’t totally fixed for me. It is definitely better but can still take 4-5 seconds to begin playback (especially if I’m well into a song).

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Playback Delays After Pausing in Tidal