NAD M33 won't play 88.2KHz 24 Bit with roon?!?

Hey there!
My M33 seems to have problems playing high res 88.2 /24 files from disk or Qobuz. the same files play fine over the Bluesound App, just Roon keeps trying a while then skips to the next title.
Anyone else having this issue?
ideas are welcome :o)

Bluesound issue

Thanks for the reply!
These modern hifi Computers add quite a bit of complexity and therefore possible errors…

I found a temporary solution in another thread:
I managed to upsample 88.2 to 176.4 in the roon DSP settings and it seems to work so far.

lets see if NAD can fix this for good anytime soon…

2 Likes

I have the M10 v2 and exactly the same problem. I also got exactly the same answer from BluOS support. I applied the same fix in DSP settings.
I discovered the problem autumn 2022, sad to see there is no fix yet. I still wonder if it’s a BluOS problem or a Roon problem, possibly Roon since the files play fine through the BluOS app. I would like to hear from RoonLabs about the issue though.

I think you can believe Bluesound if they say it’s their problem to fix. It may well play fine with BluOS and still have a bug with Roon, nothing particularly impossible about that.

Also, two posts up I linked the post with Bluesound’s response, and just a few posts up from that one there was a post by Roon:

I have an earlier thread about the topi on the M10 v2.

I forgot to mention it also is Dirac-related because it plays normally through Roon when I turn off Dirac (but who wants to do that?). Maybe its a Dirac problem and neither Roon or BluOS?

Thanks for the solution! It’s an elegant (even if temporary) solution.