New Installation

Hi, I installed Roon on my Windows computer last Sunday. I feel like it’s still gathering data. Is that possible? I use Windows 10. I also have a Tidal account and some audio files on the computer. I still have a small grayish circle pulsing on my Roon screen. Does that mean that it’s still gathering data? It operates very slow, and not completely. I always come back to a blank Roon screen when I leave it running for a while. That screen is locked up and I need to close it and restart Roon. Still in my 14 day trial period. I really want to like this product, but it’s just not working. I would love to talk with someone.

George

Hey George,

You have come to the right place for Roon @support to follow up with you.

In the mean time – you can speed up the process a bit by adding more information about your setup/network as descibed here:

That sounds a little odd. It could be Roon is still analyzing your music files for replay gain etc.

Is it a background process? What settings have you put in?

Could it be a Windows setting to do with inactive programmes?

I’m sorry to hear you are having difficulties here, @George_Seiffert.

To start, as @RBM mentioned, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I still have a small grayish circle pulsing on my Roon screen.

Can you please share a screenshot of this? May I also ask that you please share a screenshot of Settings > Library?

Since installing Roon have you tried giving your Core machine a reboot?

Thanks,
Dylan

I bet this issue is the problem with Roon and Intel 4000 graphics…

Search this forum (“intel 4000”) to learn about that. No solution to that one.

…and this is probably the little circles that show up and pulse to teach you about the Roon interface after a fresh install. Click those pulsing circles, and if I am right, a small dialog will pop up telling you about that section of the interface.

That (intel HD graphics) and perhaps the system specs could still be an issue, cpu or non ssd…etc

I had hoped to purchase I lifetime membership. But not if I can’t talk with someone directly. I don’t have time to go down this rabbit hole with endless email exchanges. Do you have a phone number that I can call?

Hey @George_Seiffert,

I apologize for the difficulties you are having here, and I appreciate your feedback about our support process. We sometimes hear from people wondering about phone support, email support, or other more traditional methods, and we almost always win them over by resolving problems here every day. I can tell you that we stand behind our products and our support 100%.

Every support thread on this site is tracked by someone on our staff, and they frequently loop in senior staff or developers for feedback. Nearly everyone in our company spends time on this site.

I’m sure that we can find the root cause of the behavior you’re seeing, but in order to properly do so, we will need a little more information about your current setup. Knowing what kind of devices you are using, the specs of your Core, and your networking setup can give us great insight into what may be happening.

When you get the chance, if you can provide this information using this link as a guide (in particular, please note the GPU), along with a screenshot of Settings > Library in Roon, the team will be able to gain greater insight into what exactly is happening and be able to guide you down the path to have a great Roon experience.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Kind Regards,
Dylan

Hey @George_Seiffert,

I just wanted to check in and see if you were still experiencing difficulties here. We are here to help if you need it, just reach out!

Regards,
Dylan