New Pi and tracks skipping

It looks like it paused due to problems talking to the Roon servers.
Roon support would probably want your logs to answer this question.
I have seen thread’s where this is related to DNS which is why I suggested the changes, but they will be able to give better advice on this.

I suggest openings another thread in the Support Nucelus area specifically to look at this.
It might take them a day or two to respond, but hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Thanks again Michael
Yeah my experience of roon support is not that good . So I will leave it and hopefully it stops the analysis.

They are over worked but are very helpful.
Given the incredible variety of what people have it’s a very difficult challenge
Try rebooting your Nuclues at some point and see if it starts again after the reboot

I do agree with you that they have a hell of a workload…….so increase the staff :smiley:

Oh I have rebooted the nucleus before , it did not stop it . I literally powered everything down tonight :smiley:

1 Like

I 100% agree, and they have increased the staff this year and hopefully they will increase the team further to get a quicker response time.
If you have rebooted it already there is not much to do if you don’t want to raise a ticket with support.

1 Like

The stupid thing tonight Michael is it has played now for close to 5 hours without a single issue
This is despite this analysing going on in the background .
It’s hard to make any sense of it all right at this minute :smiley:

1 Like

You may have a corrupt file or your connection to Roon Cloud is dodgy.

I have the same at the moment, I can’t fix it so far

A reboot of all kit , network included will eliminate the latter

Roon is not for sissies !!! :smiling_imp:

Maybe a T shirt

2 Likes

Ok can I have two Roon Cores if I pay for an additional license.
This way I can have the Nucleus as a Core and the lap top also. Or will this just cause even more issues.

Anyway the dongle is supposed to be arriving today, but I am not that hopeful as the Pi use was a bit of a disaster last night.

Steve you can have two cores and log in and out of them, they just cannot be active at the same time

So I can do this without having 2 licenses?
Hmm this maybe an option for me but i guess its s a bit of hassle. The lap top is not having dropouts at present and the dongle is on its way.

I assume the dongle is just plug and play? No need to configure it etc. My apologies for all of the questions :grinning:

Steve I don’t know about the dongle, but I am guessing it is a power down, plug dongle in, power back on and off you go. But that is just my thinking.
You might have to log onto the web portal for Ropieee to confirm, but if that works I would think that is looking good

I have just tried the Pi again this morning. Roon recognises the Burson and then as soon as I start to play music Roon loses the Burson. I am just not convinced this is a wifi issue.

The lap top is in the same room and is appearing to have no issues

Possibly so, is the Pi compatible with the Burson or does it need Windows drivers ?

I have no idea, it was all set up over the phone by the ebay seller. I must say he has been very helpful so far.

It did work at first for a little while so I am assuming all of the drivers are there.

You can probably guess by now that I need something that just plugs in and works. I dont have the knowledge or the time or the desire to mess about with tech. This is why I opted for a Nucleus for eg. Expensive but easier for me.
If the Pi works with the dongle , I will be delighted. If not then it will be returned as I just have more pressing things to do :grinning:

Fair enough. There is no plug and Play with Roon, even with the Nucleus.
I think that is why Roon recommend Ethernet connection.
Lets cross our fingers for the Pi & WiFi.

1 Like

Ok the dongle has arrived.
It comes with a CD Rom…to install the drivers. I dont have a CD Rom drive.
I may be able to find the drivers on the internet somewhere …but I think its time to call it a day on the Pi.

Popped it in anyway and seems to work. So we will see if it can get rid of the dropouts

The drivers for the WiFi dongle should already be installed in Ropieee, in which case you should need to reboot it and then select it in the Ropieee network setting page.

Ropieee Changelog : Support for USB WiFi dongles based on the Realtek RTL8812AU chipset

btw. if that doesn’t work is there a reason you can’t connect your Burson to your laptop via USB and then use Windows Roon Remote/Roon Bridge app (not the Roon Server/Roon Core) to output to it ie. you shouldn’t need to run a 2nd local copy of the Core if you laptop can still reach the Nucleus. Obviously having the RPi and Burson working without the need to turn on the laptop is better/preferable, if you can get it to work.

ps. I’m still confused as to how you are connecting the native Tidal app to the RPi/Ropieee. As far as I can tell neither Ropieee or Ropiee XL support Tidal Connect. Which suggests you’re running some unofficial version of Ropieee or a version with Tidal Connect unofficially installed on it. What version of Ropiee does it say your running when you logon to the RPi via the web interface? The latest version should be V4.002 (2021/07/21). Normally I wouldn’t worry, but given all the issues you are having I thought it worth checking.

1 Like

I have just plugged it in and it works :grinning:

Yes this is what I have done for the last few nights . The lap top is the roon endpoint.
Yes prefer the Pi but time will tell I guess

I was not using the Tidal app on the Pi. I was using it from the lap top…sorry for the confusion

Thanks again for your input

1 Like

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like