New Releases For You - Not Updating With More Recent Suggestions [Resolved]

Yep same here. Its never really updated much for me on 1.7 less so on 1.8 it’s a very broken feature.

Hello All,

Thank you again for the reports. I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the report!

3 Likes

I’m now seeing some more recent NRFYs… anyone else?!

I saw one new one today… one that someone complained about being missing. Apparently roon staff intervened to accommodate that person’s complaint.

The rest are two weeks old.

And beyond that, Valence appears to be a failed experiment judging from recommendations and especially radio, which is fundamentally broken.

Other aspects of roon are still great, and I even like most of the new UI. Personalization and discovery, though, have devolved to the point of being no longer usable or relevant. Sad, for what is supposed to be a high end product with a premium price tag.

At least sound quality is still good.

I am too @Steve_Gore-Smith , though it did also update a few weeks ago too and then stuck again, so I’m reserving judgement for the moment.
Let’s see if it refreshes this week and next week to more current New Releases!

Have seen the same issue myself as well - Steven WIlson’s The Future Bites has been the main “new release” since forever.

There’s still some issue with NRFY on the Home Page not updating… I’m comparing with what I see in Qobuz. There’s so much more there! Is there a setting within Roon that is preventing these from appearing in NRFY?

Last Albums release from Qobuz on Roon seems to be stuck at 26 March 2021. Singles have moved on and picked up one release on 9 April since 26 March. Seems like there’s some Roon/Qobuz integration issue here… seems that the newly released Albums and Singles from Qobuz are available in Roon - just not bubbling up to the New Releases For You section… :frowning:

The newest release shown is for march 26th. So that is over 2 weeks of new releases missing. I can’t get them to update. The same is happening if I choose to expand the new releases. I get nothing newer than March 26. Can you please fix this or tell me how to fix it? Thank you.

2 Likes

Same here. Seems the whole personal recommendation topic is not working properly.

1 Like

Same problem since the start of 1.8. On the roon app its up 2 date so not a big problem but windows roon app isnt. Working on nuc 8th i5 roon core. Last update recommended is from 26th of february. Im using qobuz and tidal.

1 Like

Yep - same here. Nothing newer than the 26th March, using Qobuz.

2 Likes

Same. Tidal.

2 Likes

Same here. Using Qobuz.

2 Likes

I checked on my iMac, iPhone, and iPad Roon apps, which all connect to my NUC with ROCK as my Roon core and they all are the same. The latest dates I show are March 26 like @Michael_Curtis but most of my suggestions are Feb 21-March 9. It has gotta be On Roon’s side if we are all experiencing it. Thanks for chiming in.

Yeah, I am also having an issue with “Recent Listening”. It runs about 7hours ahead. So last night after 5pm, it starts logging hours for Today. By the time I stop it is about 10:00 pm. It says I have almost 4 hours of listening today already, I just got up… lol :rofl: Since all this stuff is integrated I feel it may also be related

2 Likes

So @support wanna provide some feedback?

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble, everyone. This should be resolved now!

4 Likes

Ok - trusting you this time :wink:
What was the reason for this?

@dylan - sadly no change here. I’ve restarted all our remotes, then the server software, and finally a reboot of the NUC.
Still nothing more recent than 26th March '21. Is the fix something that could take a while to percolate through or should I log out and back in to Qobuz?

Michael

It is working for me, thanks @dylan!

1 Like