New Roon user here on Windows 10 64 bit. I previously had Roon working fine with my Peachtree Audio nova125 DAC. Roon updated itself today to 1.2 build 168 and I now have no audio output options. In the Audio tab on Settings nothing appears and when I scan for new devices nothing is found. The Peachtree Audio DAC works fine otherwise on the Windows PC including with other software audio players. What happened?
Try rebooting the computer and the DAC.
Did that multiple times to no avail
I can add also that when I launch Roon I get a message at the bottom of the screen that “No Audio Devices Found”. There is a blue button to go directly to the “Manage Audio Devices” tab. When I do that all my audio output options display including the Peachtree Audio DAC (both WASAPI and ASIO options). When I click the “Enable” button (for Peachtree WASAPI) they all disappear and an interminable “Loading” dialog appears. It definitely appears like this update broke something in my configuration. I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Roon (including a fresh install with a full settings and DB wipe) to no avail. As I am now unable to use Roon with my computer for audio playback this is a BIG problem!
Let’s drop a flag for @support.
Did you also have a Win10 update? Sometimes Win10 will update and cause issues like the ones here
Also, you mentioned ASIO drivers, are these from Peachtree?
Yes, I believe the ASIO drivers are from Peachtree. I have 2 options for the Peachtree DAC in Roon, both WASAPI and ASIO. Neither works at present. I can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Peachtree USB driver but it works just fine in everything else. The issue definitely seems isolated to Roon.
Hi @Thomas_Blake ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the troubles here. To help me accurately assess this issue you are experiencing, may I kindly ask you to please provide us with the details of your setup as seen here.
The more detail you can provide, the better
Here is the requested information:
- what version of Roon you are running: 1.2 build 168 (64 bit)
- What operating system you are running: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (version 1607, os build 14393.693)
- Basic information about the device you’re using: Custom Windows 10 desktop with i7 6700K processor and 16 GB of RAM. Very recent and high powered machine.
- Describe where your music is stored: on a Drobo 5N NAS
- Let us know your collection size (approximate number of tracks): 86,702
- Describe The Issue. When starting Roon it is unable to find any output devices connected to my PC including system output or my Peachtree nova125 DAC. When going to the Audio tab in settings I initially see my available outputs with the Enable button available for each. When selecting that an interminable Wait dialog appears and the output options disappear. It is also occurs that nothing is displayed under “Connected to this PC” section on Audio tab in settings. Clicking “Refresh” also leads to an interminable wait while displaying a “Refreshing” message with nothing ever appearing. The only thing Roon is connecting to is an Apple TV on my network - nothing directly connected to the PC. This issue is isolated to Roon. The Peachtree DAC works fine with all other applications on the PC including TIDAL Master streaming (not set to exclusive mode) via TIDAL desktop app. All of this worked fine with Roon before. This is a sudden change after Roon updated itself to version noted above. Roon is completely broken now for being able to play music locally on my PC, which is my primary usage need. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Roon to no avail. All other aspects of the Roon software work fine. Multiple PC reboots have no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi @Thomas_Blake ---- Thank you very much for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions, both are appreciated.
Moving forward, can you please verify for me if you are making use of any other playback software? If you are, is exclusive mode being used?
To confirm the above…
Right click the Volume icon at the bottom of the screen - > Select "Playback devices "- > Highlight the device (Nova), Right click, and select “Properties” - > Then select the “Advanced” tab and confirm Exclusive mode is engaged (both boxes should be checked).
Both boxes are checked on the Advanced tab for exclusive mode. I do use the Tidal desktop app also. I have played with setting it to both exclusive mode or not and it doesn’t seem to affect this recent Roon behavior I am experiencing. When the Tidal app is closed Roon is still unable to find my output devices. I have Music Bee installed also and was using that prior to Roon. As a new data point I installed a new Chord Mojo DAC yesterday with drivers from Chord. It behaves the same as the Peachtree - Roon can’t find it.
Hi @Thomas_Blake ---- Thank you for following up and confirming that information for me.
Before we gather logs, I would just like to confirm with you (apologies if I missed this in your report) that there are no active firewalls on your computer. If by chance there are, may I kindly ask you to please temporarily disable them and see if there is any change in behavior here.
I do have Kaspersky running. After turning both it and the Windows Firewall off there was no change in behavior for Roon. Looks like we need logs. Let me know what I need to do and I will forward. Thanks!
Hi @Thomas_Blake ---- Thank you for the follow up! Letting you know that I have sent you a PM with instructions on how get some logs over to us. Looking forward to your feedback!
I have exactly the same problem.
Hi @Peter_Gyorfi ----- Thank you for the report. May I kindly ask you to please provide us with the details of your setup as seen here and a brief, but accurate description of the issue you are experiencing.
Hi Eric, @support,
I am running Roon 1.2 built 168.
I have Windows 10 64 bit installed.
I have a custom PC with ASUS maximum Impact VIII, with the latest BIOS. I7 6700K, with 16GB RAM.
Music is stored on a Synology NAS.
I am using an iFi-Audio Nano iDSD DAC with firmware 5.2 and driver 2.6
The Issue. When starting Roon it is unable to find any output devices connected to my PC including system output or my Nano iDSD DAC. When going to the Audio tab in settings I initially see my available outputs with the Enable button available for each. When selecting that an interminable Wait dialog appears and the output options disappear. It is also occurs that nothing is displayed under “Connected to this PC” section on Audio tab in settings. Clicking “Refresh” also leads to an interminable wait while displaying a “Refreshing” message with nothing ever appearing. This issue is isolated to Roon.
Ah-Ha it’s not isolated to me. Definitely seems like the last Roon update broke something (for some of us) in Audio Output mapping.
I mean I have problem only with Roon. Foobar, Tidal, etc work fine.
If I am once able to setup audio output, using black magic, it works fine until next day I restart the computer.
Then it is all gone. Last two days I wasn’t even able to trick it to see my DAC.
Same here - all other audio players work fine with my Peachtree DAC. Only Roon is affected.
Hi @Peter_Gyorfi ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. I would like to grab some logs from you and will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.