No Audio Output Options In Roon 1.2 (build 168)

Hi Eric - any progress on this issue? I have not been using Roon since the problem arose so not getting use of my subscription :slight_smile: Primarily just using the Tidal app for playing music via my PC until this can get resolved. Thanks for your help!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Can you describe your setup as seen here.

I’ll flag @eric to look into your situation.

Cheers, Greg

I’ve already been through that with Eric and sent logs. It has been in the developers queue for a bit now and was just wondering if there was any update. Thanks.

Is there any development in this? Roon is useless this way. Fortunately I am still in my trial period.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

1.3 hasn’t solved anything. Sitation is the same. Roon cannot find any playback devices. Now it is just keeps scanning without end.

How about you?

@support

1 Like

Are there any settings in your routers disabling multicast or UDP ?

Hi Peter,

No change for me either in 1.3. The fix described above to rename the RAATServer folder does work but it is a 1 time only fix. The next time Roon is launched it can’t find any audio outputs. Note that the Sonos functionality added in 1.3 does seem to be working along with AirPlay devices. Roon can find those no problem. The issue is specific to devices physically connected to the PC.

It would be really nice to use all of these cool new 1.3 features I am paying for! Roon is pretty much unusable to me in this state. The new Sonos support could help as a workaround.

Tom

@support

So with great support from Eric and Mike at Roon, we were able to trace this issue to the Realtek HD Audio drivers that ASUS provides to support my Maximus VIII Formula motherboard. I don’t know if Roon has a fix yet if you need the Reaktek drivers. I do not so disabled the onboard HD Audio in the BIOS and uninstalled the drivers from my Windows 10 machine. Roon now behaves fine with all my DACS connected directly to the PC via USB. These include drivers from Peachtree, Schiit Audio, and Chord and have been proven to work fine with Roon. I consider this issue now closed but if you are experiencing this problem and need the Realtek HD Audio drivers contact Roon Technical Support. Nice to have Roon working again!

Tom

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: ASUS ROG - RealTek HD Audio