No connection to Qobuz - Unexpected Error when logging in [Update To Roon Build 1105]

I’ve got problems with Qobuz playback as well. The problem started yesterday (approx. 12-14 hours ago). After the reboot I am now seeing the “Qobuz login failed” error message for the first time.
Playback with Qobuz native app is working.

Reboot again

1 Like

Hi Birgit,
Rebooting core/nucleus seems fine for an upstart solution called Roon…however, I thought this was years in the past. I did the same, it worked.
Roon is now a mature product so let the Roon people come up with solutions instead of the workarounds by the community…
Still love Roon
Hans

Roon Core Machine

Using a mac mini as my core. I can sign into my Qobuz from my laptop. when I go to sign in from the roon application on my iPhone, I get "there was an Unexpected error, please check you account details. (NotFound)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Try rebooting the core machine once or twice.

Merging with main thread.

Same here! Rebooted multiple times - this is the 3rd time in a week I’ve had to reboot. Can someone (Roon or Qobuz) please get this fixed???

Roon Core Machine

Dell laptop running Windows 10, Inspiron 15-3567, i3-7100U at 2.4 GHz, 8 Gb of Ram

Google Nest router, network switch, Roon core on laptop via Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Many. Mostly using Bluesound Node 2i streamer connected via Ethernet.

583 albums

Description of Issue

Very recently, Qobuz will not play through Roon. I can load and play Qobuz tracks on my laptop app, and through Bluesound OS app no problem. It doesn’t appear to be a Qobuz problem. Have tried:

Rebooting Roon Core machine many times.
Robooting entire network
Stopping and restarting Roon server.
Making sure Roon has an expection in Windows firewall.
Logging out then in for both Roon and Qobuz.

Nothing has worked.

Another wrinkle in this is that if you had an album marked with Qobuz, then bought the album and added to your library it won’t play because it’s has the “Q” mark even though it’s physically in your Roon library :(. How can you remove “Q” designation from an Album??? I don’t see anything in the Metadata tab to do so …

If I have a fav in Qobuz and then buy it, I remove it from my library first, and then add the purchased album

Yup got it but I have a few that I purchased & added before removing it from Qobuz so it shows the Roon library tag + “Q” - how do you remove it from just my "Qobuz " favs?

After two days of not being able to sign in to Roon, even after rebooting all of the equipment a few times and still not working

I took the suggestion to do my network switch and my coax to ethernet converter and that seemed to make the difference…

Thanks to all of you took the time to make suggestions for everyone.

Brad

I suspect that the album sourced from Qobuz is still marked as the Primary version in Roon. Go to the album(s) in question and look at the versions tab. You can then mark your download as the Primary version. Does that help?

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m not trying to be a troll, but I have had zero issues with Qobuz during all this time! (in the UK)

I’m running core in a dedicated Ubuntu VM. I tweaked the DNS so uses permanent resolv.conf entries (rather than dynamic)

Am I an outlier? Are there others? Is there a pattern to the people that are working fine?

I have pretty much the same network setup as you (static dns) and have had no problems. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I backup Roon then reboot the PC every night at around 3:00 am, since adopting this practice I have had no major problems or network connectivity issues.

I turn the whole system down before I go to bed. That way I don’t have any problems.
Let’s hope that the problem will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Ahh yes maybe… I do a backup also , hadn’t realised it does a core restart afterwards !

Backup doesn’t automatically do a restart, you would have to set that from the operating system of the core device. You can do it manually of course if you prefer or aren’t sure how to set it up (I’m afraid I can’t help with Ubuntu, I’ve not used it).

Ok, in that case. I don’t reboot the core and my Qobuz is still OK!?

I’m having the exact same problem. Tidal working fine, but Qobuz suddenly stopped working. Every time I tried to play a track, I would get an error message. So I logged out and tried to log back in to no avail with the same error message.

Roon Core Machine

I am having difficult login into my Qobuz account. Any suggestions?

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue