No longer connecting to SMB shares on Synology via Hostname

Hi Noris,
The router is a Verizon Fios Quantum and I’m using a Verizon Fios Network extender and Motorola MM1000 moca adapter. Both of these are connected to the Quantum router via the same coax cable run and are on the same network.

The NAS and Roon Rock are using 2 different switches. Both are connected to the switches via ethernet cables. The NAS switch is connected directly to the Fios Network extender and the Roon Rock switch is connected directly to the moca adapter.

I am able to access the NAS shares via Hostname from computers, both Windows 10 & Ubuntu 18.04, connected to both switches and via WiFi. I can also use J River MC25 to play music with no problem and it’s library access the NAS using Hostname rather than IP address.

I am also seeing frequent problems with the ROCK losing connection to the Windows 10 pc on the same switch as the NAS. The Windows 10 pc is also connected via ethernet. I’m working on rebuilding the Roon database for my music and as a result have not been doing much listening to the system connected to the same switch as the ROCK, so I don’t know if there are instability issues there as well.

Prior to the most recent Roon update my system worked flawlessly. To say I am disappointed with Roon at the moment is an understatement.

Regards,
Mario