Now Playing Screen Clicking on Album/Artist link takes either ages or does not work at all [Ticket In]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core on QNAP NAS (i5 3470T CPU, 16Gb RAM, Roon DB on 250Gb SSD, 150.000 songs on 3*6Tb WD Red) or ROCK on NUC7i3/NUC6i5
Latest build of Roon on all devices

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Main router Asus RT-N66u, NAS Core on WLAN link, other cores hard wired. One HP Gb switch in mix

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)
Diverse, Auralic Aries G1 and Femto, Raspberry Pi, AlloUsBridge, SOtM sMS-200

Description Of Issue
All of the links on the Now playing-page are dead, leaving an animated Roon icon; “Loading album/artist/composition…”

1 Like

I suspect you have stumbled upon the same bug as

Do your symptoms match?

Brian

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up Brian, didnt find that thread, but yes…. Same issues on my end.

1 Like

Same issue here clicking on ‘Artist’, ‘Album’ or ‘Add Album To Library’. Now Playing is the only page where I’ve seen this occur.

Roon Server running on Late 2012 Mac MIni (2.3 GHz i7)
Mojave 10.14.3
Roon Version 1.6 (build 401)

Do you need any more data to resolve this issue? I can easily reproduce this issue if needed.

Hello @mrvco,

Thank you for the report. We currently have an active ticket with the dev team regarding this behavior, so more information is not necessary at this time. As soon as I have any updates to share, myself or someone from the Roon team will be sure to update this thread.

– Noris

1 Like

I have been experiencing this issue since 1.6 as well. Mac Mini 2012 Core i7. Using local files and Qobuz. It happens regardless of endpoint - KEF LS50W - Bluesound Node2 - AirPlay.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a change here in Roon 1.6 (Build 416) that we believe should address this behavior. Please update Roon and let us know if you’re still seeing any issues. You can read the full release notes here:

The problem is not solved. :frowning: Despite the statement that:

Fixes for performance issues caused by Now Playing

Hi @Katun,

Have you updated to the newest iOS build already? You can check this info in Roon Settings -> About on your iOS device. As far as I know the new builds are still being approved by Apple at this time and will be deployed on a per-region basis, so it might take a bit longer to see the update become available on your end.

– Noris

The update for RoonRemote is not available yet neither in Russian nor in the American AppStore. Question: why upload an update for Roon, if there are no updates for RoonRemote in the AppStore yet?

Because as a general rule, we’re not going to make all our customers wait for Apple.

We finished our testing last night and released the update to all platforms, but it’s Apple’s approval process that adds this delay. I suspect the new version of iOS will be approved early next week.

There are exceptions to this rule, for example when the new version of Roon Core won’t work with an outdated remote. In those cases we do generally hold back the release to ensure people who depend on iOS aren’t stuck with an incompatible remote and no way to control Roon. But that’s a small percentage of the releases we’ve done, maybe 3 or 4 times ever.

All of that said:

The performance fix was in the Core, so the iOS update is not related – if your Core is running Build 416 and you’re still having performance problems, something else is going on.

Now it’s ok. (with new RoonRemote on iPad, build 416).

1 Like

I’m using a MacBook Air as my core device. How can I determine if it is running Build 416?

@NipperDog - You can go to Roon -> Settings -> About (top right-hand corner of settings) from your Roon Remote and it will list the build version.

– Noris

1 Like

Thanks Noris, my iPad is set to build 401 and my core is at build 416. Should my remote device also be set to build 416?

Yes, you should have both Core and Remote updated to build 416 for this fix. I suggest updating the app in the App store and then verify that for both Remote + Core build 416 is listed.

– Noris

1 Like

Thanks again Noris!

I deleted the Room app and they downloaded it again and now they’re both showing build 416. :+1:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t see core audio devices after upgrade to b416

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.