Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link Archer AX-50 running Ethernet to the Nuc+ through a Netgear GS05 switch

Connected Audio Devices

USB to Vega DAC
Also have a USB thumb drive for backups

Number of Tracks in Library

1400 albums on internal Samsung 860 EVO 2TB drive

Description of Issue

I’ve had ongoing problems for over a year whenever a new update is released where the Nuc+ won’t boot back up. When this happens, which is on most updates, I’ve had to try multiple attempts and have done various troubleshooting to get back up and running, guided in part by Support. Reference previous post: Sep. '22 and May '23, though these are not the only instances; I’ve lost track.

Right now, since trying to update to 2.0.27, I’ve lost all network access to the Nuc+. A couple of times, after removing the M.2 SSD, I was able to get to the Intel Visual BIOS screen when I pressed F2 while booting. The parameters seemed to be generally as per this post for boot order, etc., though some of the screen are bit different from whenever this help guide was written.

Next, I wrote the factory reset image on a thumb drive and tried to boot with it after reinstalling the SSD, but could never get it to do anything, just a black screen on the HDMI. I replaced the factory installed Transcend SSD with a brand new Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD and tried again, still nothing.

Are there any other steps that I might take or things to look for?

Hey @rcaudio,

I’m extremely sorry to hear about the recurring train of issues you’ve faced with your Nucleus. I will follow up via PM with next steps. Please keep an eye out for a message from me. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.