Nucleus Problem - Roon Database and Settings Not Ready

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus

My Nucleus has stopped working. I have tried unplugging it and disconnecting the network. I have tried rebooting the Nucleus, three times.

The problem seems to be that the “database and settings” are “Not Ready”. I have tried restarting the database, also three times. No go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Do you have an HDMI capable monitor or TV to see what messages the OS is issuing during the Boot sequence?

1 Like

Hi Mike -

I do have an HDMI capable monitor, and I’m going to look for a long enough cable to connect it, but am I right in thinking that the other end goes in back of the Nucleus?

M.

1 Like

Yes, HDMI on the Nucleus to monitor or TV. You should see the boot messages.

OK. Re-boot was successful. System Status still says OK, but I tried a reinstall anyways, which kept timing out, but still says OK.

Roon Database & Settings still says Not Ready after I did a Re-set.

There were no useful messages on the monitor during the Re-boot, Reinstall or Reset. They flew by too fast to read in whole, but there didn’t seem to be any alarming ones

So no error messages on the boot screen? Looking at the Web UI the Operating System is OK? And the Roon Server Software is OK? But the Roon Database and Settings is Not Ready? Do I have that right?

Lot of questions, one more. Do you have a recent backup of the Database and Settings?

So no error messages on the boot screen? Correct

Looking at the Web UI the Operating System is OK? Yes.

And the Roon Server Software is OK? System Status says OK, so I’m assuming this means yes

But the Roon Database and Settings is Not Ready? Yes

Do I have that right? I think so

Lot of questions, one more. Do you have a recent backup of the Database and Settings? This I don’t know. I’ve only had Roon and the Nucleus for about two weeks, and I don’t know how to check

Have now tried to reinstall again. Just get a pop-up that says “reinstalling latest software. this can take some time”. Goes on endlessly and times out.

Hmm - just tried reinstalling on my system, and it took 1 minute to reinstall and display OK. Is there a networking issue involved on your side?

Can you post a screenshot of the Web administration page showing the network settings?

Hey Michael, BTW welcome to the community.

I’m a Roon user like you, not support. I’ve tried to fill in and help out while waiting for someone in the support staff to reach your ticket in the queue. I’m happy to see @Geoff_Coupe jump in for more knowledgeable user assistance.

Thanks Mike - really appreciate your efforts!

Just got this:

Capture4

Everything else on my network seems to be working.

I suspect he means this: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/nucleus-web-administration-interface

Thanks Bart. Here it is:

But I still can’t see the network settings… :slightly_smiling_face: And that, perhaps is the problem?

I think we’re going to have to wait for someone from the Support team to respond - and this may not be until next week; we’re now in the weekend…

It’s strange that we’re seeing the Web administration page - so you can connect to the Nucleus via the web browser, yet the page seems to be missing the network settings section.

What is the address shown in your Browser for the Nucleus?

Hey Geoff, sounds as if this is a new Nucleus, if the drive was bad would the OS load.