Parole Parlée is weird

Hello there

This is a bit tricky because I don’t know who to contact on this.

On the latest release note, there is a print screen to describe Fluency. And it says Parole Parlée. Is this a genre? I mean the only thing I found religious is a TV channel. I don’t think this expression exists.

I am trying to get info on Fluency but there no explanations on what technology is it based (automated translation tool?).

1 Like

There is an initial automated translation, which in German was really poor. Then there is a translation tool for users contribute.

There is an active translation community for Roon, which previously already contributed translations for the user interface. You can find them in the Translations forum category:

For the genres and credits, help was enlisted from Early Access testers in Early Access. Not sure how this is done now for genres and credits. Best to ask in the Translations, I guess, or see here:

which links to:

I don’t speak French, but Google says:

And real text examples:

It may well not be the conventional translation for Spoken Word as a genre - like I said, the German initial translation was poor until improved by users.

Yes it’s a poor translation. Better have a look to word references website where it is listed and could be translated as “art de la parole” but that’s much a theater concept. I wonder what is the this “Spoken Word” genre it refers too in English.

Off beat RAP.

I’m kidding, I was imagining audio books as spoken word, but that what I got

And I would not know why audio books are Comedy/Spoken

(doing some logical operations on the two screenshots The Birth of Tragedy is Comedy)

Thanks. It is a genre, I guess and it appears we don’t translate it in French but use the same English expression: Spoken word — Wikipédia

1 Like

Yeah, in the German translation we replaced a lot of very weird autotranslations with the English originals as well

We have been having this discussion in the German translations as well. The intended interpretation of Spoken/Comedy is not totally clear, is it “spoken or comedy” or “comedy type spoken”? Spoken Word exists separately, so one could argue it’s “comedy type spoken”, but then some releases like the Nietzsche seem to have interpreted it as “spoken or comedy”. It’s a bit of a mess

1 Like

I see now that Spoken Word is a subgenre of Comedy/Spoken, so I guess Comedy/Spoken is meant to be “comedy AND spoken”. And Nietzsche being tagged with this is the same as music releases being tagged with their genre AND higher-level genres, like Metal is also tagged Pop/Rock

1 Like

I was sure Metal is Rock :crazy_face:

I do not like the ones with “/” makes a mess. Like Undecided parents.
But sometimes I use genre the to focus or to browse aimless, good that I found the forum :slight_smile:

Well Pop/Rock is the highest level genre that contains both pop and rock. But yeah genres are a mess not just in Roon because no-one can agree and many things don’t fit neatly into one

1 Like

I did use:
Classical, Jazz, International and Pop.
And Metal under Pop

But 100% people will not agree :slight_smile:

So they have outsourced language regionalisation to crowd sourcing like artwork with Valence AD. Hmmm.

1 Like

I still do not use anything but English. And a computer os in Romanian is a mess.

I had one Erasmus student changed one of the iMacs to Český and forgot to switch back. Had to google the system prefs to blindly find the way back :slight_smile:

Makes me happy I never had TV and Netflix and all the DVDs for my kids were all in English. Now they found it weird in Romanian

never understood management. I get it to have someone to do the job if he is better at it but too many time you have to do that as a time management compromising the result. Like tones of paintings by “the Rubens studio”

I would like to ask Roon team: please don’t let Fluency to translate modern musicаl genres such as Metal and its subgenres, Rock, Rap and many others. In Genres section they’re look realy wierd and funny in slavic and eastern europe languages :laughing:

P.S.

@oonteam, How or where can we give our feeedback regarding Fluency translation?

post no 2 has the links

1 Like

Hey gang, in this particular case, the translated element isn’t a genre. It’s a credit role. Art Blakey is credited with spoken word on the album Moanin’.

If you have questions about fluency and its functionality, you can join our Live Demo/Q&A tomorrow. We’re going to cover the questions you’ve asked in this thread.

Here’s the signup link:

Topic: Fluency Live Demo
When: Apr 20, 2023 10:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Or you can read about Fluency in more detail on our blog:

4 Likes