Pioneer N-70AE no longer working on USB

Same here with a Pioneer N-70AE. USB stopped working today. Rescanning shows USB device for half a second before disappearing.

Hi @Lars_Oystein_Gronsbe ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us! I have went ahead and moved your post out to it’s own thread so we can address this behavior with the N-70AE with you directly.

Moving froward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide

• My assumption is that you haven’t experienced this behavior previously with the N-70AE and if this is indeed the case can you think of any changes that may have occurred recently in your setup? Furthermore, any issues with the device outside of Roon?

• While it may seem elementary, during your troubleshooting of this behavior have you…

• Rebooted the Roon core and the endpoint?
    • Tested with another USB cable?
    • Tried another DAC to see if it exhibits the same behavior?

-Eric

Function fine until last update. Updated ROON and ROCK yesterday. If I plug USB from NUC with ROCK directly into Pioneer N-70AE it tries to autodetect every ca. 5 seconds and show all outputs from NUC for half a second.
If I take out the USB cable all the NUC ports is showing okay.
Airplay is ok.
Right now I’m playing through my iMac into the USB of N-70AE to get around the problem.

Intel NUC 7i5BNH, Intel 2.M 600P SSD 128GB,2 X A-Data 4GB DDR4 2400MHZ,Seagate Barracuda 2TB S-ata 2.5 HD.

Software 1.5 (build 320 64bit)
OS 1.0 (build 158)

Thank you for the follow up @Lars_Oystein_Gronsbe, the continued insight is very appreciated!

Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your account so our tech team can have a closer look into this behavior you have reported to us. However, before I enable this feature may I very kindly ask you for the following:

1. Please reproduce the issue and note the time when the error occurs.

“If I plug USB from NUC with ROCK directly into Pioneer N-70AE it tries to autodetect every ca. 5 seconds and show all outputs from NUC for half a second. If I take out the USB cable all the NUC ports is showing okay.”

Once I have the requested timestamp(s) I will then enable diagnostics :microscope: Thanks!

-Eric

Plugged it in 21:50:00 , 2 minutes ago.

Hi @Lars_Oystein_Gronsbe — Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested feedback!

Now that I have the requested time frames (thank you again) I have enabled the mentioned diagnostics on your account. What this action will do is the next time that Roon is active on your core machine a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. I will keep an eye out for the upload and will touch base again once it has come in so you know we have it.

-Eric

Update: I just checked our servers again and it looks like the report has come in. I will be attaching the mentioned diagnostics to your ticket for review by the tech team. Once they have completed their analysis I will be sure to share their thoughts/findings with you asap.

Hello @Lars_Oystein_Gronsbe,

Can you please take the following steps

1. Connect to your ROCK WebUI and stop RoonServer process
  2. Connect to your ROCK’s Data share folder using a Mac or PC file browser
  3. Locate the folder named “RAATServer”
  4. Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  5. Connect to ROCK WebUI and start RoonServer process again

Let me know if you see a change in behavior after performing these actions.

-John

1 Like

Problem solved !!
Thank you so much !

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.