Playback files ripping from MQACD [Ticket open]

New version didn’t solve this problem again.
So disappointed…

Hello @KENKEN,

Thanks for letting me know that the new version of Roon has not resolved this issue. I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue.

This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

– Noris

Thank you for the update.
I’m looking forward about that.

Hi. Very disappointed that the latest version still doesn’t resolve this issue…

Hi @KENKEN,

I’m taking another look at this case but your symptoms seem to be a bit different than the other people who are having issues just identifying the MQACDs.

Can you try disabling DSP if you have it enabled for your Pro-Ject zone and let me know if that changes anything? Does this same issue also occur on other MQA zones or is the behavior limited to just the S2 zone?

– Noris

Thanks for reply.

I disabling DSP and use UDP-205 as DAC to play MQACD “Songs in the Key of Life” by Stevie Wonder. I got my result like other users. roon can only recognize half of the tracks as MQA.

Track 01 - X
Track 02 - O
Track 03 - X
Track 04 - X
Track 05 - X
Track 06 - O
Track 07 - O
Track 08 - X
Track 09 - O
Track 10 - O

Then I switched to S2 and the result is same …
Btw, no click sound between track 06 - 07, and track 09 - 10.

**Even thou roon couldn’t recognize MQA and sends regular flac files to DAC, **
DAC still can recognize files as MQA that’s why the click sound happens.

Hi @Kenken,

You mentioned this:

Just to make sure I understand you correctly here, when you used the Oppo DAC as the endpoint, you did not experience the clicking sound?

If this is the case I believe you may be having two separate issues here, one being MQA content is not recognized properly (which has an active ticket with our team) and the other being that MQA tracks are causing clicking sounds on your Pro-ject zone. Does that sound about right to you?

I did a search and came across this thread (MQA dropouts during play) which reports similar symptoms to yours, I would check to make sure that you are using the newest firmware on the Pro-ject S2. Do let me know if that helps.

– Noris

I’m sorry. My explanation might be confusing you.
Pls forget about the click sounds.

My problem is like the others.
Roon can only recognizes some of the MQA contents.
That’s why MQA decoder goes on and off between those contents.
Both UDP-205 and Pro-ject S2 has the same reaction.

Hi @KENKEN,

Thanks for that clarification. As I mentioned before, I can’t specify a timeline of when this ticket will reach the dev team’s queue but as soon as I have further news for you, I’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks in advance for your patience here @KENKEN!

– Noris

It’s ok. I use Audirvana when I want to listen to my MQA-CD collection.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the behavior as described in this earlier post is still the same in the most recent Roon Build.

Hi. It has been almost 11 months. Still couldn’t solve this problem yet!?

I’ve had a similar issue with The Doors “Waiting For The Sun” and I’ve sent the files to Roon to QC. The MQA Tag Restorer said all of the tracks were MQA, but Roon 1.6 isn’t seeing them all that way. Tracks still playing as 44.1/16-bit are 3 and 4 while the rest are MQA.

Hi @KENKEN,

There is still a ticket open with the dev team, however I don’t see any new updates at this time. This ticket is still in the queue and we are planning to take a look at this issue for a future Roon release, when I have further information to share, I’ll be sure to update this thread accordingly. Thanks!

1 Like

Still no improve on build 511.
May be roon isn’t take this problem seriously…

Hi @KENKEN,

We are taking this problem seriously, but we have to dedicate dev resources to address this issue. For the time being, we are gathering similar reports and once it reaches the dev queue, we hope to address them all at once.

I know this behavior has been going on for a while, apologies for the delay. As soon as I have any new information to share I will be sure to let you know.

1 Like

It’s have been more than a year and the latest version still couldn’t solve this problem yet…
I’m not sure if I’m going to renew my license at the end of this month.

1 Like

I am not a fan of Audirvana. My free preview has crashed more in a week than Roon has in almost 2 years of use. But…all of the files that Roon doesn’t recognize as MQA play as MQA in Audirvana. I won’t give up on Roon and I’m not buying Audirvana, but at least I can confirm that all of my files are good.

Same here. Audirvana play MQA files well since the very beginning.
Don’t understand why roon can’t fix this problem in a year time.

This MQA issue appears to be fixed with the newest update (Roon 1.7 Roon Build 536). I’ll keep an eye on it and report if anything weird happens. But until then, thank you!

1 Like