Please report station errors here

Thanks so much, Brian!

1 Like

Hi Brian,
Unfortunately, the issue recurred this morning. KQED played normally for a few minutes, then suddenly stopped. When I restarted playback, the dialogue was unintelligibly sped up. The problem later resolved.
Thanks again for your help!
Best wishes,
Alan

Iā€™ve just played KQED for an hour without problems. Is that long enough? How often do you see the issue?

Did anything change in your setup a couple of days ago?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for following up.

The issue has generally occurred within an hour, but I canā€™t say that it always has. In any event, I will continue listening and let you know if the issue recurs.

Nothing has changed in my system.

Best,
Alan

OK. Strange that no-one else has complained. It may be worth opening a support thread, then the professionals can examine things further.

Thanks again, Brian! If the problem recurs, I will open a support case.

Error with Laurel Canyon Radio "Unable to play this station. The address may have changedā€¦

Hmm, no it hasnā€™t, thatā€™s still the URL used in the website, but youā€™re right, it doesnā€™t work.

Perhaps itā€™s temporary - how long has it not been working?

Their NowPlaying info has last played on 31st August 2023 and their, usually active, news pages have nothing since June 25th

Ok, thank you. Iā€™ll temporarily remove the station from the database, but monitor daily the URL to see if it returns.

If it does, Iā€™ll inform you.

Laurel Canyon steam is playing again.

Thanks.
Looks like they have changed stream provider.
They also posted on Twitter / X around 18 hours ago to announce it was back (although I missed it).

A post was split to a new topic: Please add Hot Hitz 80s

Hello. At present, I am listening to the WFMT (Chicago) radio stream via Roon (RAAT) on a Cambridge Audio CXNv2 streamer. The Roon stream display echoes in the display in the CA app, called Stream Magic. Roon does not scroll the track title, but Stream Magic does. This can be seen by comparing the two images below, where I did a screen grab from Stream Magic as it scrolled. Can this scrolling be added for WFMT and, I guess, other stations as needed? It reveals a lot of other useful information. Thanks.

This is really a feature request and Iā€™ve tried to see if something similar already exists. Iā€™ve found

You may want to add to that.

Thank you, @BrianW ā€“ I have done so. I think it should be the default: if a station provides scrolling track info, so should we. :slightly_smiling_face:

@BrianW
Edited to add: there is now a feature suggestion thread on this:

Just for wording ā€¦ the broadcaster is not providing ā€œscrolling infoā€ ā€¦ it is simply very long.

2 Likes

Yes, that is true

Hi,

Chromanova.fm has changed their URL - again. This new one seems to work:

https://server4.streamserver24.com:2199/tunein/ejanowsk.pls

Thanks for considering the update.

BR,
Marc

Iā€™ve updated the stream thanks for reporting.

1 Like