HP Windows 11 Laptop

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Zyxel VMG3925-B10C

Connected Audio Devices

HP Laptop, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Chromecast, WiFi

Number of Tracks in Library

2027 tracks

Description of Issue

I have just updated Roon Core on my Laptop to 2.0 and have downloaded Roon Arc to my iPhone 13 Pro Max. My Roon Core cannot automatically configure to my Roon ARC. I have followed the trouble shooting instructions and have tried everything from turning the UPnP switch on and off and turning off my firewall. The next thing I have done is to manually configure my Router setting but I still have the problem. I am unsure as to what my server IP address should be and what the WAN interface should be set too. There are 4 ports namely start port, end port, transition start and transition end should these ports be set to the port in Roon which is 55000? I have tried to take a screen shot of the Port Forwarding screen in my router dashboard but have not been successful, however below is a copy of the diagnostic data.
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}
I am very new to Roon so please forgive me if the information is insufficient to solve the problem.
Regards

Hi William,

I first configured my router with Upnp enabled. What i needed to do, is after activating Upnp i rebooted my Roon Rock (is on a NUC). After the reboot ARC was working, unfortunately yesterday evening ARC stopped working. I had the same error message. I disabled UPnP in my router and manually configured the port forwarding. Maybe you could try the UPnP again and reboot your core. If it’s not working, then the manually port forwarding has to be done.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Yes you set all these ports to the port you set in Roon Core (default is the 55000 you mention.)
The IP address of your core you can find in the clients list in your router.

Using the IP address of my Nucleus did not work. Using the MAC address did.

Hi John, The MAC address on my Laptop which is my Roon Core has 12 characters so would not fit in the available box within my router settings. Really frustrating problem.

1 Like

Hi @William_Mcloughlin,

Please accept our sincere apologies for having taken so long to reach your post. I realize you’ve been waiting for an unacceptable period of time, and while no doubt your patience has worn thin, rest assured we’ll be attentively watching this post from here on out to assure a resolution.

The diagnostics you’ve provided usually indicate that an internet service provider modem/router in your network setup is not properly enabled in Bridge mode.

I first recommend scanning through the list of known solutions we’re curating here, with particular attention to threads similar to your own issue:

If the above threads don’t provide useful guidance or prove irrelevant to your situation, please take the following troubleshooting steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC (it seems you’ve already done this)
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls throughout your local network that might be interfering

If you continue to experience difficulties, please respond here and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thank you again, @William_Mcloughlin, and we’ll be watching for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.