All music stored on external SSD connected to nucleus USB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Probably not relevant

Connected Audio Devices

Probably not relevant

Number of Tracks in Library

19,716 tracks

Description of Issue

When “CD” appears in the title of an album or the enclosing folder name of an album, the “CD” and any text after it does not appear in the title. This also appears to interfere with the identification of the album as in the following example:
Album titles (which also match the titles of the enclosing folders):
Test CD1
Test CD2
Test CD3

RESULT:
All three albums are aggregated into a single album titled “Test”, and no amount of meta-data fiddling (other than removing the “CD” part of the album or enclosing folder title) can fix this.

An easy issue to workaround once it’s known.

Thanks for the reference.

In this case, these are not part of a multi-disc set. They are, for purposes of the bug report, just albums that happen to have “CD” in their titles.

1 Like

Same as:

1 Like

BlackJack,
Thanks for the links.

It looks like my report is a duplicate of previously reported issues.

My Workaround (see yellow) :

Hey @Akimo,

Ben here with the support team, my apologies for the delay in following up here!

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into the same issue after updating to the newest Roon build?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Ben,
I just tested the issue and found it unchanged:

Details:

• I have a CD that has a meta data title of “Test CD 1”
  • This title appears as “Test” in roon
  • If I change the meta data to “Test 1” (i.e. removing the “CD” from the title), it appears as “Test 1”

Result:
It appears that having “CD” in the title continues to blank out any text from “CD” on

Hey @Akimo,

Thanks for the update. If possible, can you please upload the affected media so our team can further investigate? You can use this link to upload the media.

Thanks!

Benjamin,
I’ve uploaded the two files from an album that displays this behavior.

If you add “CD” to the album titles in the meta data or put them into a directory that has “CD” mid-way through the title, you should see the behavior.

Please let me know if you need anything else to help repro this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Akimo,

You have my apologies for such a long delay in getting back to you about this issue. Our team took a deep look into this, and can report that it may very well be tied to the way we clean up filetags on the way in - during import, which was largely built to help with track identification and clarity.

As of right now, we don’t have any immediate plans to change this behavior, but we could add additional options or controls here if there was sufficient interest – feel free to open a feature suggestion if you’d like to see a change in this process.

I’m sure by now you’ve made the edit locally, but in case you haven’t, this would be the next best step in the short term. :+1:

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.

As you suggested, I worked around the issue.

1 Like