Problem Communicating with Qobuz only in Arc [Investigating]

Roon Core Machine

Custom Unraid Server running in docker container

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus RT-AC-3100 router running AsusWrt-Merlin (latest stable build).

Connected Audio Devices

This isn’t relevant, issue only occurs in Arc on my Pixel 6 Pro.

Number of Tracks in Library

NA

Description of Issue

When trying to play music on Arc with Qobuz I am getting an error, “Problem Communicating with Qobuz”.

I tried resetting Arc, signing out and back into Qobuz as well. This happens on the LAN as well as cellular. Qobuz works fine in the main Roon app and Qobuz also works in its native app. This just started happening with Arc. Local files play fine. This is only occurring with Arc.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem

Glad it’s not me @support can you let us know if there is an outage?

Just to add Tidal works fine, it is only Qobuz on Arc.

Not just through ARC. Won’t work through Roon either.

Hey,

I’ve been using Roon for a week or two now and I’ve been absolutely loving it. Also using it on my iPhone on the go, using Roon ARC. I’ve had no problems whatsoever, until now.

I’ve had to reinstall Windows on my PC. So before I did that, I created a Roon backup. Then I reinstalled Windows, and everything else. I set up Roon again on my PC, like I had before. Everything seemed fine, and exactly the way it was before. Set up Roon ARC again as well, I had to find my Core again, since that’s changed as well. Seemed easy enough. Then when I was playing music on Roon ARC on my Phone, all the music that was coming from Qobuz wouldn’t be played, it displayed the error “Problem communicating with Qobuz.” I tried fixing it when I came back home again, logged out of Qobuz on my Roon Core on my PC, closed Roon, opened it again, logged back in, closed it again, and restarted it. Nothing seems to fix this issue. I also tried relogging on my iPhone but still no fix.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

EDIT: tracks from Qobuz are playing just fine when I’m using Roon on my PC, it’s just Roon ARC on my phone that’s having issues.

~Leroy

Roon and Qobuz are suddenly not working for me too in Roon or in Arc. It’s not you. Qobuz seems to be working fine from its own app. On my Mac in Roon Albums show up under My Library, but not in Qobuz under Browse. Although most of the cover art is missing in Albums. This is the same on my iPhone and iPad.

Yes, I’m seeing the same error message in Roon ARC. There’s a service problem I think.

@Steven_Madoff - I’m able to play Qobuz material in Roon OK, just not in Roon ARC

Paging @support - have you guys any input?

PS - I’ve moved this thread into the #support category of the forum where it will be seen by the Support team.

You guys able to play anything at all via Roon? Now I can’t stream anything - Qobuz, Tidal or local files :grimacing:

Working fine in “traditional” Roon - just not in Roon ARC here…

1 Like

No problems here playing Qobuz and local files in Roon. Can replicate the issues with ARC.

Cheers gents.

Must be a coincidence with all these failing for me at the same time.

Yes, for me the issue is only Qobuz in Arc. Local files and Tidal both work in Arc. Everything is normal in the regular Roon client.

For info - there’s another Qobuz service issue going on at the moment; might be related. Support have been notified.

1 Like

Also, the error I’m getting says that it can’t find my network, though the network is fine. Everything works on the network, all other apps, except Roon. And, again, Qobuz loads fine from its own app. I’ve closed the app, started it again, powered off my iPhone, rebooted, restarted the app, still doesn’t work in Roon or in ARC.

Hi All,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re looking into this now.

Wes

1 Like

Thank you!!

@Wes There seems to be a related issue in the main Roon client with the Qobuz New Releases, Taste of Qobuz, and My Qobuz pages.

Confirmed. Same problem here.

Also not working for me as of 2 pm cst