Problem deleting albums from NAS [Solved - Albums moved to Recycle Bin instead of being deleted]

Now and again when I delete albums, minutes or a day later they reappear. Usually they get deleted for good the second time I do it. What’s wrong?
Also multiple disc albums sometimes appear as one version for each disc AND a version with all the discs. I’ ve made the mistake of deleting the one disc versions and afterwards discovered that the version with all the discs is also gone. I have a few Springsteen live albums bought from his homepage that are like this. Don’t want all the versions but dare not deleting the single disc versions. Solution?

I’ve moved your post into the Support forum, and flagging down the support team for you with this: @support

Hello @bigj,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Starting off, can you please provide more information regarding your core using this thread as a guide?

Do you notice the issue with the deleted albums appearing again off of TIDAL, Local Media or both? Can you please provide a screenshot of one of the multiple disk albums that you notice having multiple versions of? Does the issue consistently happen for the Springsteen album and are able to reproduce? If so, would you be comfortable with sending us the media so that we can verify the behavior on our end? I look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Noris

Sorry I’m not able to take screenshot. Also not capable of sending the albums. They are really big. More than willing to allow you to take control of my core/ computer though.

I have a big library and I’m going through it slowly with the goal to trim it down a bit and choosing the best version of albums. Sometimes I forget if I deleted a version or not a day or two later.
BUT, yesterday I know I deleted two Montrose albums stored as flac files on my NAS, in favor of MQA versions from Tidal. Today the flac versions are still there. Same thing with Phil Collins “hello, I must be going”.
Most likely it’s just locally stored music this happens with. I’ve deleted 500 albums so I’m not sure.

Hm. Just now I deleted my flac version of Nick Drake “Five leaves left” in favor of Tidal MQA version. I saw it disappear, the 5 minutes later it’s back. Irritating…

Do you have the file system on your NAS set to Read-only? That would prevent Roon from being able to delete any albums. Some folks do this on their NASes to prevent accidental deletion of files…

1 Like

Hello @bigj,

Just wanted to check in with you here to see if you are still experiencing the issue deleting albums. Have you by any chance verified @Geoff_Coupe’s question regarding Read-only status on the NAS? Please let me know your findings when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

If the NAS were into read-only I would never be able to delete, right?
Yes I’m still having problems. It’s so many different things I almost don’t know where to begin.

Hello @bigj,

Sorry to hear that you’re still having issues. Does the NAS by any chance have a recycle bin folder and the files are getting move there instead of actually being deleted? That and if the Recycle bin is a watched folder could explain this behavior. As for the other issues you are experiencing, would you be able to provide more information?

Thanks,
Noris

Hey Noris. It was exactly that​:+1::man_dancing:t3:. Problem solved.

Happy to help @bigj!

Thanks again for contacting support and I wish you a pleasant day!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.