Problem with Tidal playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac mini, and I use iPad, iPhone, MacBook Pro all as remotes.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn, Sonos and MacBook (I use a Scarlett 2i4 as a DAC).

Description Of Issue
I get playback issues, especially with MQA streaming from Tidal. I can play these files no problem using the Linn Kazoo app, or the Sonos app; but with Roon I have a problem.

Also, I can play any files from my Roon core no matter what they are (192/24 without problems). It’s just the Tidal streaming. Problems occur with all of my audio devices.

I love the UI of Roon but this playback error is annoying, especially as it only occurs with Roon, no other software.

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thank you.
Roon core - Mac mini (late 2012) MacOS 10.15.7 Roon 1.7 (build 710)
Apple Time Capsule router (connected via Ethernet cable to Virgin Modem)
Linn Kiko DSM (connected via ethernet cable)
Sonos One (two of them in different rooms)
MacBook Pro (2016, as remote) MacOS 11.1, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (via USBC/B)

I have no problem with any playback from my library (on the Mac mini), no matter what file (192/24). The problems only arise with Tidal. It is most files from there, not just MQA also CD quality.

1 Like

Can you describe the problem? Like you get track skips, or pauses, or…? Is it consistent, intermittent, airways after a few seconds, random, correlated with any other traffic on your network? Thanks

Not related to any other network use. Any time.
I get either no playback, or it stops after a short time saying there is a network problem or that it’s streaming too slowly.
It only happens with Roon. If I use the Linn Kazoo app to play the same track, there is no problem.

It is a new problem. I’ve had Roon for some time and used it without any problems (same set up). Not sure if the problem has started since the latest update of Roon.

‘the media is loading slowly’ is the error message.

Hi @Simon_Downer,

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting the Core machine and audio devices?

If you play to System Output does the same behavior occur?

Hi Dylan. Sorry for the delay, In UK so overnight then at work in the day.
Yes, restarted and updated all machines.
Same behaviour with system output from the Mac mini.
It is only w Tidal stuff, not a problem from the library.

I have now removed the Apple router from the system, and the same thing occurs.
Everything is connected via ethernet cables (Roon Core on Mac mini, and the Linn Kiko system). It plays everything in my library fine, but not any streaming from Tidal. All other apps can play the content. Do you have any ideas what’s going on? I’ve rebooted everything several times.

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to play Tidal songs in Roon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.