Problems with Music playback

I also have this issue since upgrading to 1.8. To say that it is annoying would be a huge understatement. 1.7 worked flawlessly. Can we please get the engineers working around the clock to get this sorted ASAP. If it can’t be fixed please give us the option to downgrade to 1.7. When something works perfectly stop messing with it. I am very disappointed that 1.8 was released half baked.

1 Like

Andrew,

I have moved your post to your own thread. Support prefers that individuals have their own thread to prevent confusion.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

My system is as follows:
Core: Antipodes CX, Roon 1.8 build 778
connected by ethernet. Internet speed 500 Mbps
Renderer: Antipodes EX running HQ Player Sinc L filter and LNS15 noise shaper. connected directly to core by ethernet.
DAC Chord TT2.
I play tracks from Tidal mostly.

Hey @AndrewD,

Thanks so much for letting us know of this issue and for sharing the additional details. I’m very sorry to hear that with Roon 1.8 music doesn’t seem to play as seamlessly as it did with Roon 1.7. We’d love to help.

Could you please tell us more about the issue you’re experiencing? Have you discovered if maybe it only happens when you stream to certain endpoints? Or maybe only certain tracks from particular sources?

We’d love to help sort this out :nerd_face:

Hi, I only have one end point. Sometimes it runs for a a while and then I get a few skipped tracks in a row. I don’t have the energy to give minute details about every time it happens. I do not want to be a beta tester.

The bottom line is version 1.7 works flawlessly. I would encourage the software engineers to implement the code from 1.7 line by line until it is stable.

First priority: stability and reliability
Second priority: stability and reliability
Priority 1000: stability and reliability
Only then consider some other changes.

The software should have thousands of hours testing by your staff before release.

Hey @AndrewD,

I’m sorry for how look it took me to get back to you. Partially it’s due to me not getting a notification (:woman_shrugging:) and the unprecedented number of threads we’ve been replying to.

I appreciate you keeping in touch and sharing your feedback on the Roon software and our team in general. You have highlighted as clear as it can be what is important for you - thank you. This is important to us too, and I’m sorry that what you’ve experienced hasn’t reflected this.

If you do change your mind and want to go through a few troubleshooting steps with us, we’re here to help :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.