Problems with Qobuz via Roon continues

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus+
Use iPhone and IPad as controllers - latest iOS and latest Roon app (was build 952, now 970)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity Internet (internet only - no cable TV or music services from Comcast). 900/20Mbs service. Confirmed connection speed exceeds specs at the modem and router. Only two people in the house. The only streaming we do is EITHER music via Roon OR TV, not both at the same time, so clearly not a bandwidth problem.
Motorola MB8600 modem
Orbi RBR850 Router
Ethernet connection directly from router to Nucleus - no network switch in the ways

Connected Audio Devices

USB from Nucleus+ to Denafrips Gaia
HDMI to Denafrips Terminator DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

22811 - mostly Qobuz tracks, rest CD rips using lossless FLAC

Description of Issue

No problems with CD rip library
No problem with Live Radio
Only have the one endpoint (DDC to Terminator to preamp to amp to speakers)
I have the latest firmware and software on all devices.
Problem started maybe a week or two ago. Would occasionally get a message saying Qobuz was slow in loading. Not really a big deal. Rarely happened and always recovered quickly. Then last week it started doing it with ALL hi-def (192) Qobuz tracks and even CD quality tracks sometimes. Would play for between 15 and 90 seconds and then would stop and give me the “slow loading” message. That was with build 952. Now with build 970, it can’t get past 6-9 seconds before stopping. Will then eventually move to next track and repeat this issue until it runs out of tracks.

I have checked all physical connections.
I have followed ALL Roon suggestions/recommendations on the various thread about Qobuz.
I have no trouble logging into Qobuz via Roon with either email or username. Problems are same with either login.
I have no trouble using Qobuz on PC, iPhone, or iPad without Roon.
I have deleted the Roonserver/Cache - twice, once under 952 and again under 970
I have rebooted the modem, the router, the Nucleus MANY times is various order. Problem with hi-def Qobuz continues.
Only difference between 952 and 970 build is the problem is worse with 970.
Yes, I have rebooted the Nucleus twice each time. Tried reboots, have tried turning off and on. Have tried turning off and pulling power cord….on modem, router, nucleus.
Absolutely NOTHING in my system has changed between Qobuz working fine and now not working at all on hi-def files. As noted, I have the latest operating systems, software, firmware and the ONLY change was the update from 952 to 970. NOTHING else changed. Problem started last week under 952 and continues under 970.

I am not using Qobuz for now because of this issue. So my Qobuz subscription cost is being wasted as is my lifetime subscription to Roon.

So, if nothing has changed on my end, and others are having the same Qobuz/Roon integration problems on hi-def with different networking gear/different end points, wouldn’t that suggest a problem on your end vs the user end?

Frustrating to say the least.

Thanks.

Hey SUPPORT……are you there? Plenty of folks having issues with Qobuz via Roon and other than a post saying it’s a Qobuz issue, we’ve heard nothing from SUPPORT.

Roon is the turnkey integrator here, so if Qobuz is having issues, you would hopefully be working with them to resolve and keeping your paying customers apprised of the status.

So, what’s going on?

1 Like

Man I can’t believe they didn’t even respond to you FastHound. I recently just started having Qobuz issues with my system.

I wish I could say I am surprised at their lack of response.

Let’s hope they are working on finding the problem and working on a fix whether it is a Qobuz issue or an integration issue or both.

No change in status.

No response at all from SUPPORT so far.

Hey @FastHound,

Thanks for getting in touch, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your Qobuz integration.

In taking a close look at your system diagnostics I believe I’ve located the problem. You’ve synced your Qobuz account in Roon using your username instead of your email address. Qobuz has recently changed its policy and now requires customers to use their account email when using partner services - such as Roon.

Qobuz mentioned this in a recent subscriber email, see screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 11.05.54 AM

• I recommend creating a fresh backup
  • Then going to settings>Services>log out of Qobuz
  • Reboot your Core
  • Log back into Qobuz in Roon, using your account email
  • Wait for any account sync to take place (your Qobuz library may disappear then resync)
  • If you have any issues with unavailable tracks in Playlists, etc, restore the backup you created before beginning the Qobuz resync

I notice also that you’re using an Orbi router, please see the configuration recommendations for that device in our Networking article:

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve tried it with username and email both with same results, but have just followed your guidance. Qobuz synched instantly just as it also does with username.

Nothing changed. Still cannot play hidef files in Qobuz via Roon.

And, if NOTHING has changed in MY setup, including router settings, why does Qobuz via Roon suddenly in the last week or two no longer play hide files? Again…NOTHING IN MY SETUP CHANGED.

The Orbi setup has worked fine for as long as I’ve had it. It hasn’t changed at all. No firmware updates in quite some time (no newer update available) on the router. Nothing changed in my system. NOTHING!

So, thank you for your response, but this recommendation didn’t work.

What’s next?

Hi there -
I’m having the same issues. Qobuz just stopped working on Roon a few days ago.

I run ROCK on a NUC. I have done a complete reinstall of the whole setup (to build 970). Restored backups, tried to build a library from scratch. No artwork gets downloaded and tracks get stuck at 0:00.

It seems to be only impacting the ROCK Core on NUC. When I set up a Core server on my Windows machine, Qobuz works fine.

Also, as this may be of interest - Tidal plays completely fine, but album artwork also fails to pull / update. Same with locally stored tracks on a Synology NAS – playback is fine, but no artwork.

All of this worked completely fine 2 weeks ago.

And I have verified my router settings are per recommendations. Again, nothing has changed in any of my system/equipment settings….no firmware, no software, no configuration changes, etc.

And just to clarify, again….CD quality files seem to play fine, but Qobuz will not fully load and play hi-def (192) files. It starts to play and gets less than 10 seconds into the music and fails. Then moves to the next song…same thing…and so on and so forth.

This only happens with Qobuz via Roon.

I spoke too soon….it just takes longer for it to screw up on CD quality (44.1) files.

So, basically, Qobuz on Roon is useless right now.

Hey @FastHound,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re still having problems. We’ve pulled logs and we’re investigating to see if we can determine the cause. We’ll be back in touch when we have more details. We appreciate your patience.

Jamie

Thanks. If you need me to run any tests on my system for you, please let me know.

I’m still using Roon for Live Radio, and that’s working fine.

Kevin

Hello @FastHound ,

Do you by any chance have Xfinity “Constant Guard” enabled? This setting has caused issues with other users recently, please see:

Have you tried to play Qobuz to another zone in Roon, such as one of your iOS zone outputs? Can you play a 192 stream there without issue?

Thanks for asking.

I do not use any of the crap xfinity offers. I don’t even use their modem. I do not have any xfinity safeguards turned on.

I can use Qobuz on my iOS devices without issues.

I can also use Qobuz on Sonos without problems.

To clarify….not using Roon for iOS or Sonos. I use the native Qobuz iOS app for iOS. And I use the Qobuz service via Sonos, not Roon, for my Sonos speakers. Roon has never played well with Sonos in my system. You’ll have records of those conversations with support. I gave up a long time ago.

I only have the one single endpoint associated with Roon. Very simple and astraight forward fully wired from cable to modem to router to Nucleus+ to DDC to DAC to Preamp to amp to speakers. No Wi-Fi in the mix at all.

And I never listen to Qobuz on my iOS devices and almost never via Sonos….just via Roon on my single endpoint. I don’t use airplay to play music anywhere. It’s all very simple and, until recently, easy to use.

I just fixed a similar issue by turning off IPv6 on my router. You may want to give that a try.

It was only impacting Roon Core running on a NUC (so on the Roon custom OS). No issues with the Core if I put it on a Windows machine.

I made no changes to my router settings that would have caused the issue in the first place, but disabling IPv6 fixed it. YMMV.

Cheers,
-pawel

Thanks Pawel. I appreciate the recommendation.

I have no desire to drop back to the IPv4 standard and I shouldn’t have to. Either Qobuz changed something or Roon did or both did. Since I changed nothing on my end, this is, in my opinion, a Roon integration issue. I bought what is billed as a full turnkey system from Roon. Their software is responsible for integrating Qobuz. So if Qobuz has a problem, then Roon should be working with them to sort it out. And if there is a glitch in the Roon software….well, it’s an easy path to follow.

I’m not changing anything in my system, which was working just fine, and is used for things other than just Roon, just to be able to use expensive integrated software that I didn’t change but is now having problems. I paid a freaking fortune for lifetime Roon/Nucleus+ and I expect them to figure this problem out. Something changed outside my system. I shouldn’t have to change my system suddenly to work with Roon and Qobuz when it was working fine previously.

I realize that’s a rather rigid position to take, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable. Others undoubtably will. And so it goes.

Now, if Roon runs tests and proves to me that this is, in fact, something I did on my end, I will (1) be surprised, (2) be very open to fixing whatever I need to fix on my end to put it back the way it was.

But, seriously, I do appreciate the idea. And if Roon can’t get this issue resolved on their end, I’ll have no choice but to try it and hope it solves the problem……and be very disappointed that I have to downgrade to an older IPv standard to get something working that was already working.

Of course, if this is all because of a massive glitch in the Matrix, well then I’m just screwed. :grin::joy:

With latest update, problem appears to be resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.