Provide help with a connection issue

I cannot get Roon to provide help with a connection issue. Their is so much information on the site the community advice is not helpful. I don’t have days to spend on fixing this issue.

Does anyone know how to contact roon for tech support? I have sent two requests in the past week and have not received any response.

Ira, sorry to hear about your connection issues. This forum is the only way to contact Roon support. I looked for recent posts from you but see only one post from 2016. I recommend you follow this link and create a new post in the Support section so we can try to assist you:

Hey @ira_kaufman,

Thanks for writing in and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you! I was able to take a closer look at your account, and it looks like you’ve been able to upgrade your devices to Roon 2.0, are you still having issues connecting Arc to your core?

If so, can you please share the error code you’re seeing in your Roon settings> Roon arc?

I’ll be on standby for your reply reply :pray:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can’t update Core to 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.