QNAP - Not Showing Local Folders Anymore [See Staff Post - Fix is released]

Hi @Markus_Hubner,
This is nothing that can be adjusted within the QNAP Installation.
I will forward it though…

For now, I’d recommend to add @Recently-Snapshotto the “Ignored paths” section of the storage entries as seen below.

The full “Ignored paths” entry in the picture is:

/tmp/; /temp/; /.; .pmbmf/; @Recently-Snapshot/

EDIT: I first advised to add @Recycle to the ignored paths as well. This is not needed and I have updated my post accordingly.

1 Like

This fixed all my problems with albums appearing a dozen times - and furthermore (!) considerable decreased library size by factor 15x
So also decreasing memory consumption etc.
A valuable additional learning / bugfix for all QNAP users.

I have reported the issue, so I hope the @Recently-Snapshot folder will be ignored by default at some point.

5 Likes

Hello All,

I wanted to touch base briefly to update you on the status of this issue.

The original plan was to have an early access release go live this week that addressed this issue, but out of an abundance of caution surrounding the holiday season, we have decided to postpone this Roon early access release until the first release cycle of 2023.

If you are impacted by this issue and need an immediate solution, please see @crieke 's post above with the interim build instructions:

Thank you all and we wish you a wonderful holiday season!

5 Likes

Thank you for the update @noris - which is very understandable as especially over holiday season a stable ROON version is highly important.

When will the first release cycle in the new year start?

Happy holidays and looking forward to an exciting year with ROON.

Version : 2.0 (build 1182) production
QPKG-Version : 2021-10-03

Did you try the version as advised here QNAP - Not Showing Local Folders Anymore [See Staff Post - Fix In Progress, Coming To Earlyaccess Soon] - #383 by crieke

Hi @noris hoe you and the team had a great start into 2023.
will this be fixed with the next public release?

The new build was installed today and the problem is mostly fixed, wonderful after so long, thank-you.

However, it’s not worked for my playlists folder which contains just M3U playlists. These were picked up when using the \127.0.0.1\Data path. The playlists sit within a sub-folder of that path.

Hi @Markus_Hubner ,

I just checked with the team and the fix is expected to go live in the next earlyaccess build (hopefully next week), and then to the public release following that, assuming no serious issues are found in earlyaccess testing. I’ll keep everyone posted once the earlyaccess build which contains the fix is released, thanks!

3 Likes

Glad to hear - thank you very much for the update.

1 Like

Hi @Markus_Hubner & others following this thread,

I have some news to share! It looks like there was a slight mix-up regarding which release this fix would be included in - it’s actually been included in the current production (build 1202) and was present in our last earlyaccess release as well.

Can you and others impacted by this issue please check to see if the current production release (build 1202) solves this issue for you, without having to go through @crieke’s workaround installer? Please, do let me know the results when you have a moment, thanks!

3 Likes

Am I safe in assuming that the lack of response to Noris’s post means that the current production release does indeed include the fix and that no additional workarounds are now necessary?

I have a new QNAP NAS that I have yet to setbup, mostly due to a bug in the QNAP software that QNAP support tells me is now fixed in the latest firmware, but also because I thought that I might as well hold off on spending time setting things up until this Roon local music folder issue is 100% fixed since I also want to experiment with moving my Roon core from my desktop PC to my new NAS as well. (I haven’t quite decided whether that is what I really want to do but I’d like to at least give it a go.)

1 Like

I just turned up another Roon core and library on a new QNAP TVS-h874 with firmware QTS 5.0.1.2277 and I have no issues.

1 Like

Thanks Stephen, that’s good to hear.

I did forget to mention that I did set the music folder’s permissions to allow guest access. This is my second QNAP NAS with a core and library. The first one is five years old with the folder permissions set to allow guest access and I have never experienced a problem.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.