QNAP - Not Showing Local Folders Anymore [See Staff Post - Fix is released]

I read the threads in this post and try to modify the ‘guest access right’ you suggested. I change the setting to ‘ready only’ and Roon is able to scan the folder now! Is ‘read only’ enough for Roon to operate correctly?

1 Like

Yes it will work fine, with the possible exception of Roon being unable to delete local files on your request. But you can just as well delete the files using QNAP File manager or through your file explorer on your PC. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi there. I followed this thread and configured the shared folder as described a couple of days ago.
This seemed to solve the issue, so posted no further questions in this thread. After a reboot of QNAP though I have exactly the same problem. The local folder contents are not read by Roon as if they are empty.
I have QTS 5.0.0.1837 and roon 1.8 (build 831).
I am really frustrated…

Please download the latest Roon QPKG from here and install:
https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/RoonServer_2021-10-03_x86_64.zip

I’m assuming you have a compatible NAS and know how to upgrade/install QPKG’s manually.

1 Like

Thanks @Mikael_Ollars . Sorry I got a bit confused, was looking at the version on my PC.
Roon version in the app is same as reported in QNAP.

But the problem still is that I lost the contents of the local folder, despite the fact that this seemed to work a couple of days ago before the QNAP was rebooted.

Post a screen shot of your storage settings please?

Here you are, is that what you mean?

No, but i would restrict Guest access to read only.
I was qurious about your Roon Storage settings?

I guess in such case I will not be able to delete tracks from within roon I guess?

As regards to roon: roon database is on SSD storage and music files are on “normal” HDD as with the rest of the data.

why i can not see ‘guest access right’ on shared floder?

What I’m not understanding:

Roon is running on the NAS as admin:

On my QNAP the users admin and burki have R/W access to my music directories (no guest account activated):

Extended authorization isn’t activated on my NAS:

And I don’t have any problems with my local directories an Roon.

1 Like

Hi @beka, it is not entirely clear to me if this issue has been resolved in the meantime. I have the latest versions for QNAP and Roon installed in the meantime, but my issue has not been solved. I always worked with local folder (and not shared folders) and although I can navigate to the folder structure from within Roon, the music files in the folder cannot be “seen” by Roon.
When I installed B850 this seemed to work until I had to reboot QNAP. So for a few hours with B850 I could use Roon as before and then same problem appeared after the last reboot.

I have not changed anything in QNAP and network for a long time now.

There’s an update for QTS again…

EDIT:

I updated to this version and initially had troubles connecting to Roon server after the install. I then closed the Roon server app on QTS and launched it again. After that I can access my core once again. It seems that the Build 850 is not fully stable yet.

1 Like

Just now. I turned on the QNAP NAS as usual without doing anything. Suddenly I found that the HDD was moving crazy. I turned on ROON to confirm. The local folder began to scan music. I feel very baffled. What am I doing these days == ".

I celebrated too quickly, now Roon lost contact to the core again and I can’t access anymore. Just the endless loading jellyfish logo. Not sure what to do next… I wouldn’t want to reinstall and restore from backup once again.

Every now and then, if I wait long enough, I get connection to the core and can see the my album view for a few seconds and then I get some kind of network error and back to loading jellyfish. I use my QNAP as administrator with all the rights for everything and I also enabled guest read access mentioned earlier here for Media and Roon folders.

Sorry for the emotional post, but this starts to be annoying. :roll_eyes:

I have an impression that I deal with a freeware / open-source player where I should understand all tricks and jungle with the databases, permissions, fixes etc, and… I do not see the end of it.

I really look forward to the solution, #roonlabsllc

I have to say that this is the first time I am so disappointed by Roon after so many years.
I have a very weird behavior. After applying the fixes it worked then after a reboot of QNAP Roon was unable to scan the local folders d’Or music files.

1 Like

I have found using the QNAP as Roon core doesn’t work well. It drives the CPU nuts,

QNAP has worked flawlessly as Roon core for over a year. These two recent updates broke something and now there’s problems.

My ”underpowered” TS-253D uses under 10% cpu when I play music with Roon. Never had any problems with cpu usage with Roon on QNAP.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon web ui on QNAP is not showing up