QNAP - Roon Server = Stopped after update [Fixed in build 880]

Hey @Wyatt_Sloan,

Thanks so much for sharing what worked for you (and for @patouskii as well). It helps us a lot to know.

I’ve passed the information to our QA and dev teams :pray:

Hey @Lukas_Kamb,

Thanks a lot for keeping us in the loop and for uploading logs once again. I’ve notified our teams about this.

Please, stay tuned :pray:

Hey everyone :wave:,

We know it’s been quite the wait, especially over the weekend, when our team isn’t around and I wanted to share how grateful we are for your patience and help as we’re working through this :heart:

While we don’t yet have a solution for this issue just now, I wanted to let you know that it is something we’re actively working on.

We’ll follow up with next steps as soon as possible :nerd_face:

6 Likes

A week passed. How’s it going? What do you suggest to do? Don’t upgrade QTS and wait for the next Roon build?

Hey everyone :wave:,

I wanted to clarify that this thread consolidates the following QNAP issue: Roon not launching.

A fix is included in the current beta build :blush:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback so far, and thank you for your patience while we have been working on this issue.

We believe we have a fix for RoonServer hanging on startup and not launching properly in the current Beta build (we are still working on the issue with local drives failing to appear in this thread).

If your QNAP is still hanging on startup you’d like to give the Beta a try, please fill out this form here:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out the right thread to track!

1 Like

Jeu @Lukas_Kamb,

To my understanding, our team is aware that things stand a little different in your case and they’re looking at that closely. I believe you might be in touch with them via personal messages?

There is a new beta build available now.

1 Like

can u please offer the download link for test ?

Hi @Adams_Chang,
See Noris’ post in this topic, it’s about 6 post up from yours. Does this help?

Any word on approving the next round of beta applicants or are we waiting for another new beta to do that. I’m still dead in the water here (outside of Tidal).

Access to the Core beta would be great, I already have the TF for the clients but it’s useless without the corresponding Core.

I got an update to the version on iOS via TestFlight. Still no access to the Core beta through the form. Beginning to be frustrated…

Hello,

We have just released a new version of Roon that should help with this behavior:

If you are still seeing this issue, please try to update to Build 880 and let us know if it resolves the issue for you.

Thanks all!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: QNAP - Hanging After Login

Hi, Same for me today after updated to 880. It was working yesterday. I reinstalled the Roon from Qnap with the 10-03-x6_64 built but no luck. It’s showing Core update required. I’m on a Qnap HS453DX with 5.0.0.1853 firmware. Version : 1.8 (build 880) stable
QPKG-Version : 2021-10-03

Hi All,

Don’t know if this will help or if my problem was different.
But my Roon App said an upload was required for the QNAP NAS and so was saying “downloading” forever and forever…
Found this thread and remembered a previous problem where when there is an update for the NAS, sometimes it gets stuck so you have to remove the App from the NAS and reinstall from the App Center.
I did the remove/reinstall and after accidently putting the thing on the wrong disk, moved it back to where it was and I now have build 880 and a working system and music playing again.

Regards

1 Like

I’ve uploaded my log files too on the link provided by Lukas.
Merry Christmas (with no Roon for me neither).

It seems that I’m back at endless loading jellyfish icon after updating my core to Build 884. Everything worked fine before the update. I guess we can’t update the Roon nowadays without fear of losing connection completely. Well happy holidays… I hope it connects eventually but now it’s been rolling for 20 minutes with no connection to core.

UPDATE:

Now after two hours of loading jellyfish icon the front page just suddenly popped out. So I’m not sure what it did for two hours, maybe updated database or something? Anyway it works now. Weird behavior for sure.