Qobuz albums not syncing

Qobuz albums have disappeared from my library- Tidal and local files still there.

They were there last night- PC left on , no Roon updates etc. Now my library is decimated. The albums are still in my actual Qobuz favourites and indeed show as such if I browse Qobuz via Roon, just not pulling through to my actual album library.

Side note- on the actual Qobuz web player/ browser my favs are taking forever to load/ scroll through so I am guessing this is a Qobuz issue more than Roon.

Anyone else? I am seeing some issues from 10 and more days ago, but not the last 24/48 hours.

assume you have restarted your Core machine. also wouldn’t hurt to restart your modem/router etc too.

1 Like

Yeah, restarted everything- havent checked yet today if they are coming back. I suspect this is a short term issue, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Are you logged on to qobuz service in roon? Sometimes i get logged out

Yup- issue now sorted - I suspect maybe some issue at Qobuz end.

Happens more than it should. Used to happen every weekend for a while.

Actually, problem not resolved fully- bulk of my favs now pull through into my Roon albums view but missing over 500- they appear to show in Roon>Qobuz>My Qobuz> favourite albums but the “missing” ones can be added back manually with the “+” when viewing. This is not really feasible for all.

@support is this a known issue/ quick fix or a problem with the Qobuz servers?

Hey @James_Neilson2,

Thanks so much for reaching out about this and sorry about the trouble. As a very first troubleshooting step, could you please:

• Log out of Qobuz in Settings → Services (in Roon)
  • Reboot your Roon Core
  • Log back into Qobuz in Settings → Services

Thanks for the response. I have logged out, disabled and rebooted a few times in various combinations. Cleaned the library etc etc . Albums still exist in Qobuz favs but not Roon albums view- around 500 still ( the ones I have manually re-added by clicking + are staying there though) @rebeka

EDIT- and I have also selected “show hidden tracks”, so its not that. They simply arent getting picked up as fav albums by Roon.

Hey @James_Neilson2,

Thanks so much for doing all I asked and more. You mentioned cleaning your library, but have you tried clearing the cache? If you don’t mind, could you please try to:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Thank you very much :pray:

Tried that. No joy. But I noticed something had changed again after clearing cache. Over the last few days I had added back a handful of my Qobuz favs into my Roon library (by going to the Qobuz tab in Roon, looking at “My Qobuz” favs and clicking “+” on said albums). Those few albums I manually added have disappeared again from my Roon albums.

Some stats (have set it to show any hidden)- Qobuz albums per Roon Focus (4029) Qobuz albums using Soundiiz to analyse my Qobuz library (4580) so as I thought, over 500 albums are no longer syncing through.

When I do some quick comparison these seem to appear in clumps by date added when I look at the last couple of months of favs but going back further isnt feasible.

Oh, and a postscript

I maintain a smaller Tidal Library too. Looks like some of those are missing- Per Roon (224) per Soundiiz (230).

Im going to try restoring a backup.

Further update- did the restore. At first, the Qobuz album count got back up to 4550 and some of the ones identified as missing returned from a quick look- but have now disappeared again- so there is definitely something up with the Roon interface into Qobuz- it is failing to capture/ sync all favourites. I dont believe this is an issue with my install of Roon but something more structural.

Hey @James_Neilson2,

Thank you very much for trying out our suggestion :pray: . I’m only sorry it didn’t work.

Moreover, thank you for going beyond that and sharing more details. It seems that from here on out, you’d be in best hands with our technical team.

I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread in the #support category, so they can take a closer look at what is going on. In the meantime, could you please share some more details about your Core, Network and Setup in general? You can use this article as a guide.

OK- set up

Core is running on Huawei Matebook D14
AMD Ryzen 5 3500U
8GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 (everything up to date)

Homeplug ethernet, playback over the network to a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (Roon ready)

Roon 1.8 Build Stable 790 (cant remember when it went to 790- I use daily so would have been soon after release)

Library is a mix of (mostly) Qobuz- 4500 ish albums/ 50000 tracks, 200 Tidal and around 1000 local albums , most of which are duplicated in Qobuz, I tend to set Qobuz as Primary .

I cant fully identify the “missing” 500 albums from Qobuz but they went after my initial post when all my Qobuz library disappeared , then came back , but now random albums are missing. Some of those were added within the last 2 or 3 weeks, some must go back further but too hard to spot any patterns.

Let me know if you need more

Is there a limit on Qobuz albums in roon - I recall a limit in Tidal that was 10,000 iirc but not sure if that was tracks or albums.

No idea, but I doubt it’s 4550!

Anything to add here @support ? My guess this is a build 790 glitch so am I hoping for a quick patch fix?

Be nice to know if this is a known issue before I do something drastic like doing a full reinstall.

Hey @James_Neilson2,

Thanks for sharing all that information. It should be all our team needs to make educated suggestions.

Thanks in advance for a little more of your patience :pray:

OK- so an update from me.

Roon updated to 791 on I think Wednesday (maybe Thursday)- did not fix the issue (rebooted whole PC)

Windows updated to 21H1 day after that. Rebooted- did not fix the issue.

Then - listening yesterday (Friday ) daytime, endpoint kept dropping/ Roon stalling- then had to go on 2 hour work call so didnt get chance to fix it. Came back to system- Roon totally hung/ frozen- not responsive and PC fan going crazy. Full reboot.

Magically- looks like the missing 500 or so Qobuz albums have come back! (I cant test conclusively all back as a few of my Qobuz albums are hidden so cant cross reference) but the totals look about right.

No idea why- either the sync issue fixed between you and Qobuz regardless of my setup, or one or both of the Roon/ Windows updates last few days has sorted the issue albeit not straightaway. Very frustrating for all I am sure but I look like its sorted for now.

Thanks

1 Like