Qobuz Changing Albums, Tracks Become Unavailable

Hi,

Sorry, I know there’s similar (but closed) topics. I’ve been using Roon for a while now, and this is an annoying issue that pops up relatively frequently. It seems like Qobuz will shift, move, or recycle album identifiers on their side, and that messes up Roon.

It just happened for me with the classic Pearl Jam album, Ten. It’s definitely my library entry for the album, since it’s showing up as loved, but now all the songs show as unavailable. I have to go into the Versions tab for the album and choose a new one. (All the tracks on both versions also have a “2008 Brendan O’Brien mix” attached to the track titles now, which also seems like a mistake, possibly on the Roon side.)

Is there anything that I can do when adding things to my library to avoid this from happening in the future? It’s annoying not only because I have to do manual library maintenance relatively often, but there’s loss of metrics data since things like play counts are tied to the bad version.

3 Likes

Nothing you can do except having local files and voting on the feature requests for Roon to make it possible to copy metadata like edited credits, tags, playcounts, etc., between albums and versions of an album, e.g.,

3 Likes