Qobuz gapless playback gone [Improvements released with Roon build 1202]

Are you still experiencing the issue, @Bluebeat, while using the Early Access 1197 build?

@James_McKeand I donā€™t have build 1197 installed, Iā€™m waiting for the regular build. I donā€™t want to sign up for early access, because I wonā€™t always have the time to report problems with those builds (or want to experience those problems :wink:).

1 Like

Yeahā€¦Iā€™ll probably go back to the production build given Iā€™m not seeing any real change with 1197. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, that doesnā€™t sound very promising. I had high hopes for a new build. I will test it here when the production build is available.

1 Like

The whole album needs gapless playback to sound right and I have zero problems with the album on Qobuz. All tracks are gapless with B1197 even when I click within 10 seconds of the end of track.

Iā€™m on early build and so far no problems either. I was having gaps since end of Nov and up until this new build. So the fix worked for me. At least so far.

One thing to make sure is the both the app and the core are updated to the latest early build. Sometimes you get notice the app updated in Test Flight but still need to go to settings in the app and update the core.

1 Like

With apologies to those still hitting issues, I can report that things continue to be stable here today on early access build 1197, and the fix appears to be addressing most of the problems I was encountering.

However, I can also confirm that the short track specific issue I referenced upthread still continues to occur consistently, and it does indeed affect both Qobuz and Local file playback (tested with the same versions of the same albums, at the same resolution). This still results in gapless/buffering/delays (a track in an album of ~10 seconds or less seems to be the trigger).

Finally, as has been the case up until now, neither of these scenarios (playback of either local or Qobuz album with very short track) triggers gapless/buffering/delays issues in the current early access build of ARC - nice to have an alternative option as a workaround :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Much thanks and respect to all of the early access/beta testing community for helping to sort this issue out. Iā€™m going to semi patiently wait for the next regular update as well. Weā€™re only 60 days into 2.0? Maybe Iā€™m off a little bit with the time, I will just hope that the developers team will get to the basics first and work their way out. With ARC, CarPlay yada yada etc. I hope that they havenā€™t been spread too thin. Last evening I counted 55 posts to the support topic in 12 hrs, thatā€™s a lot of work and time consuming for them. Iā€™m wishing them well and hope they can get through this tough season soon :+1:t2:

1 Like

Not sure where you get 60 days from, it came out in September so a bit longer than that.

1 Like

Like I saidā€¦ā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m new to the Roon family. Been traveling between homes etc. times fun when youā€™re having flies. Guess Iā€™m only 60 days into a life sentence :grimacing:

In this case perhaps we need to organize a hunger strike :wink:

1 Like

No way! No gapless and then still hungry to the bones?! :rofl:
By the way, it works for me without any problems until now, no hungry gaps threatening

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got a point, all this angst over Gapless is making me hungry :drooling_face: We shall start the hunger strike after a large brunch break :+1:t2: It will remain in effect until supper timeā€¦ā€¦.

2 Likes

I envy you. Iā€™m listening to the new Arctic Monkeys album ā€œThe Carā€ right now - 8-15 second gaps between tracks. Last week it went through without a hitch.

EDIT: Core reboot - fixed for the next hoursā€¦

2 Likes

Really sorry, too bad.
It doesnā€™t seem to be that easy to find the cause of the problem, at least Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed that it wonā€™t take that long. :wine_glass: :bento:

2 Likes

Has anyone found a solution to this? The problem doesnā€™t occur when streaming ripped CDs so the problem is between Qobuz and Roon.

Itā€™s quite telling that there are few replies from Roon Inc., despite many comments here telling of the same problem. Perhaps the money people drop on Roon every month isnā€™t enough for them to look seriously at the problem.

I dropped half a monthā€™s salary last year buying a lifetime subscription and will shortly be asking for it back since they are NOT providing the service they describe.

Jon

1 Like

I am going to have to eat my words a bitā€¦While I did have problems during the first listens after moving to the Early Access build, I have now have consistent SUCCESSES - even on albums that previous were consistently problematic. Soā€¦keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it continues working.

Not sure why I had the initial problemsā€¦maybe I just needed one more Core reboot; regardless, Iā€™m relatively nervously happy at the moment.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the feedback on gapless playback on early access. In case you havenā€™t yet, please give your core a restart after updating.

For those who are still experiencing delays between gapless tracks, weā€™ll need to grab some new time stamps (date and time) of when you run into this issue. Including the track name would be helpful as well.

Iā€™ll be on standby for the above :+1:

Are you really? I would have thought you could replicate the problem quite easily.

Iā€™m beginning to think Roon is not quite user-friendly. All I want is a good listening experience. Instead, we are placated with questions your technicians should know about and a suggestion we download another ā€˜earlyā€™ version (as if I would know how to do that) which is probably filled with other bugs.

Hereā€™s a suggestion, people at Roon: release an update when you know it works. Otherwise, donā€™t.

There are quite clearly lots of people who never experience this, I am one. Given how the forum lights up if there are wide-spread issues, I would guess that itā€™s not many people who do. Doesnā€™t make it unimportant but more difficult to replicate

It was posted in this post just a few posts up:

I.e., this link explains it:

4 Likes

I, like many, am not that computer literate. You should remember that some of us havenā€™t a clue how to access early release programs.

Updates should not be released until they are tested. Thereā€™s no excuse (and you shouldnā€™t try to make one) for a buggy version.

Iā€™ve paid Roon enough, so thereā€™s no excuse for a bad release.