Qobuz in Australia

I’m on.

I’m trying to simplify my setup to ensure I get the right tier fed to me, so for now, Roon is not in the equation.

I’m using various combinations of the Win64 player, web player, Bluesound box setup to HD+ and all with or without my RME DAC.

I’m finding that the HiRes icon is not a guarantee of getting anything more than 16/44.1 - it is consistent though no matter what player I’m using or whether the DAC is in play or not.

On the front page of the Win64 and Web app shows the Beethoven: Violin Sonatas Nos. 5-7 - Frank Peter Zimmermann with the HiRes logo and availability in 24/96. This plays through all players with the HiRes logo suggesting that the stream is as promised (and it does sound good through the Bluesound and the RME DAC!).

I’ve also tried a couple of other albums that indicate 24/96 and 24/192 under the HiRes logo from some of my usual favourites such as Fleetwood Mac, Creedence Clearwater and others. They are inconsistent in terms of playback; many of them start playing and the player logo suggests they are at 16/44.1 and not HiRes. I have ensured the various players are setup to embrace the highest res available and are not mistakenly toggled to CD quality.

I’ll continue to test. Anyone else finding similar?

That’s it … thank you.

Your welcome. I had the same issue. I started by disabling Tidal and then enabled it again. I was pulling my hair out for half an our or so with Roon. Anyway, all sorted now thankfully. Just trying to find a 24/192 file on Qobuz.

I haven’t found 24/192 yet, only 24/44 but even with 16/44, I’m very impressed with the sound quality. Yes, I made a comparison between Tidal MQA and Qobuz FLAC for the same album. :smiley:

Hard to find but found one. It is under the Qobuz -Hi-Res Top 50. Harpsichord Concerto No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1054: I. Allegro

1 Like

Using that “Hi-Res” playlist, I confirm that I am seeing 24/192 on Harpsichord Concerto No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1054: I. Allegro too, across all players.

If I pick the next track down in the list, Hotel California, it plays only in 16/44.1 on all players. Is anyone else seeing the same? Just want to ensure we’re getting consistent playback experience then it may just be a matter of time before it sorts itself out.

Yes. I’m seeing the same thing with Hotel California. 16/44.1

1 Like

Even in the playlist “Sonos 24-bit Hi-Res”, you’ll find some that are 16/44.1. Maybe they haven’t completely updated their list yet?

2 Likes

Really appreciate your confirmation on my findings, @Kentaga_Kartadinata and @Darren_Monro, thank you so much. It’s ruled-out any discrepancy on kit, player and broadband for me.

I am in your debt.

It seems alot of there music on the website such as “The Complete Studio Albums by Creedence Clearwater Revival” says it is 24/192 but in actual fact it is only playing 44.1kHz 16 bit. I might try and contact QoBuz

2 Likes

The Australian library seems…very limited. Sadly I think I’ll need to stick with Tidal for the time being. :unamused:
(And just cross my fingers for Spotify HiRes soon along with Roon integration :grimacing:)

It seems that way.

I turned my VPN on and pointed it towards France and I am getting a lot of HiRes content including the “The Complete Studio Albums by Creedence Clearwater Revival” 192kHz. Without VPN I’m only getting CD quality. It’s a shame

I’m really hoping that this is part of their launch plan, to get up and running with at least CD quality and update all hi-res after the launch. Hi-res audio is their business model anyway right?

It is officially being launched in Australia today and the 24/192 and other Hi-res content has rolled out.

2 Likes

This morning, Hotel California is coming down in full HiRes.

Rumours is now available and playing in HiRes too; yesterday I could only pull it down in 16/44.1

Damn, this is good…

I am getting much more HiRes this morning.

Out of curiosity is there a difference in availability of music from country to country with Qobuz or does every subscriber have the same access to the 70 million plus tracks?

Yes, not just with Qobuz. With every streaming service.

Music, Netflix, etc.

It’s touched on in this article under licensing and copyright laws.

One of many examples of how licensing can be complex and get messy.

I’m confused. When I the Qobuz app on my iPad, I can see a number of hi res albums. When I play through the show up as 96 or 192. But via Roon I cannot see any hi res albums and any I have saved as favourites or found Qobuz versions of are all at 44. Does anybody have any ideas? My Qobuz account setting shows up as streaming up to 192 when I look at it in Roon.

I should add that when I go into Qobuz via Roon and select the hi res play list and play a track re, my Dac shows it playing in hi res. 96 and 192 has shown up…so, I’m not sure why I can’t see hi res for the individual albums. Very confusing.